Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where does this hose go from the throttle body? Help Please.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
sixshooter said:
Did you check the back of the drivers side head ??? that's where that hose goes on my motor. There's some sort or vacuum devise bolted to the head which that hose connects into...I can't really help much more than that I dont have an electronic camera...you should be able to see or feel where the hose goes...

Thanks dude, will have a look today after work. Couldn't do much about it last night in the dark. Always better to work in the daylight.

:thumbsup:

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I think you'll find it goes to your purrge valve.
Itsd on the drivers side head at the back of the engine. Its its off, your idle will be up **** creek amoungst other things.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Scooter79 said:
Thanks dude, will have a look today after work. Couldn't do much about it last night in the dark. Always better to work in the daylight.

:thumbsup:

Yeah tell me about it... I can see now in the daylight that it is part of the vapour recirculation / evapouration canister hardware... the thingmabob must be a switch of some sort that activates the line to the canister when the motor needs to use it.:thumbsup:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Thank you.

Thanks everyone. I found where the hose came from and replace the TPS this arvo. All is good again. This has to be the best forum in the world! :thumbsup:

BrentonK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
terribly sorry to dig up this old thread but i have done the same thing when i was cleaning my tb today was just wondering if some could post a pic showing where the hose goes

Sizzle87

ARGH!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC II
Sorry for digging, but;
1) What would one call that little elbow?
2) Where would one purchase it (been to peps, repslow, supersheep, wreckers, etc)?

Nobody has seen it, and I need at least the elbow, but would rather purchase a few completes (new ones if possible) for spares just incase I break more in the future.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Resurrecting this thread because I was checking for a vacuum leak and this hose popped out of its elbow under the throttle body.
I want to pop it back in but it seems a bit short and isn't making a good seal.

This hose is routed under the intake manifold and it is difficult to sort out.

When people replace this hose, do they also replace the rubber elbows on each end of the hose. Do they use longer hose and route it differently.

It plugs into a vacuum junction at the back of the engine on driver's side

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
Resurrecting this thread because I was checking for a vacuum leak and this hose popped out of its elbow under the throttle body.
I want to pop it back in but it seems a bit short and isn't making a good seal.

This hose is routed under the intake manifold and it is difficult to sort out.

When people replace this hose, do they also replace the rubber elbows on each end of the hose. Do they use longer hose and route it differently.

It plugs into a vacuum junction at the back of the engine on driver's side
I have same problem mine are loose fitting aswell after doing valley haskets i put a bit of gasket sealant on mine maybey not the right was also have a bad miss fire after i done valley gaskets an pcv valve if any one has ideas on that would be awesome