Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where does this hose go from the throttle body? Help Please.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I removed the throttle body because of a faulty Throttle position sensor. When I removed it i accidently yanked this hose out of where ever it was connected too. Can anyone help as to what this is for and locate where it goes too? Keeping in mind that the engine is an L67 but the TB is the same as the ecotec.

Attachments

• CarPart2.JPG
    CarPart2.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 5,239

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I joins onto some vacuum thingymabob bolted to the back of the drivers side head...I dont know what it does...

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Thats the hose that joins to the MAT or MAF sensor, can recall which;)

Must be connected or you will be running rich and idling crazy.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
interesting... a little off topic but this isnt on the pressure side of the blower is it? I am mighty puzzled as to where I could possibly attach a boost gauge on the L67...

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
shaggerz said:
interesting... a little off topic but this isnt on the pressure side of the blower is it? I am mighty puzzled as to where I could possibly attach a boost gauge on the L67...

On your inlet manifold below the snout is a little pipe with a rubber plug...thats where the yanky motors run a MAP line from.... I guess thats the easiest spot to hook one up...:thumbsup:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
holden007 said:
Thats the hose that joins to the MAT or MAF sensor, can recall which;)

Must be connected or you will be running rich and idling crazy.

The MAF is on the intake pipe. This particular hose is about 18cm long and runs around the back of the engine. The idle is already really bad. Started it today and was idling so low that it was almost stalling. Came back to it a few hours later and now it's idling at about 1500rpm then increases up to 2000rpm. Makes no difference when it goes into reverse or drive. I put it into reverse and the wheels nearly launched out from under the car. Not good! :( I did a check for codes and got "code 19" - Throttle position sensor sticking. Think I'm up for a new TPS.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Doesn't go to the fuel pressure regulator?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
hako said:
Doesn't go to the fuel pressure regulator?

Where can I find that?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Not sure about a S/C Commo but follow the fuel lines from the tank to the engine and they must go thru the fuel pressure regulator before they go to the fuel rail and then the injectors. On a normal Ecotec it is at the rear of the motor in the middle of the V with a fuel line in and out plus a vacuum line connector.
Good Luck.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Did you check the back of the drivers side head ??? that's where that hose goes on my motor. There's some sort or vacuum devise bolted to the head which that hose connects into...I can't really help much more than that I dont have an electronic camera...you should be able to see or feel where the hose goes...