Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where does this wire go?

camer0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Vacationer
I have recently spent time dealing with a dodgy T fitting at the end of the heater hose. I'm not sure if i bumped this loose or whether it is one of those things that just don't matter. For the life of me I can't find where its supposed to go?!
One end is attached to the thing to the left of the oil filter, does anyone know where the opposing end attaches? Also if you could tell me what that 'thing' is that the wire attaches to. P1010113.jpg

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
That'd be your oil gauge I'm pretty sure. Mine was unplugged too when I took the car in to get that corroded fitting removed and my mechanic justp lugged it back in, which i odd because my oil pressure gauge was working before he plugged it back in

camer0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Vacationer
That'd be your oil gauge I'm pretty sure. Mine was unplugged too when I took the car in to get that corroded fitting removed and my mechanic justp lugged it back in, which i odd because my oil pressure gauge was working before he plugged it back in
Hmm strange, my oil pressure gauge is definitely working

DriftVC

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL SL
I think that may be, if I'm not mistaken the RPM signal wire. I remember seeing that wire and another one when I installed my tacho, but can quite remember which one it was. And since I recently broke my bonnet release cable, I can't duck out to my car to have a look. Haha

vl dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl
got 2 vl's sitting here that wire is nothing to worry about not sure what its for tho mine are taped up doing n othing

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
Yeah mine has that spare plug too. I don't really know. Could be the plug in the loom for the knock sensor in turbo models. But I'm sure that is only 1 wire that feeds the knock sensor and its earthed to the block once screwed in.

camer0n

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Vacationer
got 2 vl's sitting here that wire is nothing to worry about not sure what its for tho mine are taped up doing n othing
I'm starting to think that this may have just been taped up in the first place. Because the tape would have been so old when I bumped the loom the tape just fell apart and 'hello stray wire'.
I have since driven with it floating and no changes anywhere. Might just tape it back up and forget about it if its not doing anything

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I'm starting to think that this may have just been taped up in the first place. Because the tape would have been so old when I bumped the loom the tape just fell apart and 'hello stray wire'.
I have since driven with it floating and no changes anywhere. Might just tape it back up and forget about it if its not doing anything

Yeah when I was pulling **** off mine to get to that fitting, that wire appeared out of nowhere too, was like wtf is this