Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where does your V8 temp gauge sit

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
Im intrested to see where your temp gauge sits in your V8.

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
normally on the first notch up from cold. at worst, like sitting in traffic on a really hot day, second notch. but mine's a vn...

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
normally on the first notch up from cold. at worst, like sitting in traffic on a really hot day, second notch. but mine's a vn...
Same here.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
mine sits just below half way and on a really hot day sitting in traffic it gets up to 3/4, thats why i wanna get thermos hooked up so i can set them to the temp i want so it isn't that hot all the time.

have you got ure thermos hooked up yet airstrike?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
mine sits just below half way and on a really hot day sitting in traffic it gets up to 3/4, thats why i wanna get thermos hooked up so i can set them to the temp i want so it isn't that hot all the time.

Nah been to lazy, need to hurry up and do it.

V8 Berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina V8 / Toyota Hiace
Mine used to sit on the first mark. These days it has a mind of its own. Sits anywhere it wants. Even after I replaced everything it needed it seems worse.
Its even worse with the A/C on

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
Usually sits at 2 notches above cold on the VN, on hot days, big hills and in heavy traffic it can get to a little above halfway, on cold days it'll sit a little above 1 notch. My cooling system is mildly retarded, mostly my fault as well, I drilled a 3/16 hole in the thermostat to help with bleeding air as I was going through a period where I had the bastard in pieces every weekend. It hasn't done good things for the temperature stability. I'm looking forward to putting in twin thermos and a normal thermostat, as I believe that will offer a far more stable and controllable solution.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais

mine behave about the same as yours VQ statesy.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
good to see mines not the only one then cos after the 1st 2 posts i was thinking my cooling system must be pretty bad