Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is the fuel pressure regulator?

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Looks like its all part of the assembly so I'm just going to get a new one. I cant find a seperate regulator available. Any suggestions on a intank fuel pump assembly for a cammed ls1? I've seen some on ebay some look good and some seem too cheap to be any good though. Anyone tried an aftermarket intank pump assembly with a bigger pump?

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Get it from EFI warehouse on ebay.com.au that's where i got mine for the conversion and it is a very good product. Plus cheap as like $169 for whole assembly.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Is that the one with the cobra 400?
How long have you had it in for buddy?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It is definitely in the tank for the V8 as I have changed mine before. My advice is make sure the tank is as empty as u can get it otherwise is makes it a complete pig of job.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Yeah, I have 2 workshop manuals here for VT to VZ V6/V8, a gregorys and a max ellery, these both show the fuel pressure regulator on the gen111 vehicles is connected to the fuel lines under the engine cover, theyve even got pictures showing it, but they dont mention anthing about the later V8's. It does say that the alloytech V6 has the pressure regulator located in the tank. Youd think at least one of these manuals would have the updated info about the later V8's having a non return fuel system..
Gregorys manuals were always the best manuals to use (besides the factory manuals of course),ive used gregorys manuals for over 25 years now, but ever since Haynes manuals took over Gregorys, they have gone downhill and just arent as good as they used to be.

Well if they're talking about the VT-VZ LS V8's then you better write to them and let them know their manuals are wrong mate.

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
The V6's have it on the engine end with return back but the V8's have them in tank. Pretty sure thats how they all are but hey i could be wrong. I have factory manuals and that's what they say. The damper up top end on the 8's looks like a reg but its not.

Actually I think the 3.8 had the regulator on the fuel rail and the 3.6 has it in the tank?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Actually I think the 3.8 had the regulator on the fuel rail and the 3.6 has it in the tank?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Yes that is what i said previously. As for the 3.6 i will let you know tomorrow as i have one sitting outside in line for work.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Is that the one with the cobra 400?
How long have you had it in for buddy?

Yeah mate, no issues at all with it. When i got it, it looked well made. They also sent me a second carbon track on request at no extra cost as because of the conversion being out of a ute and into a sedan fuel gauge readings were backwards. Its been in for a month or so now. Pretty sure it has warranty.