Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is the fuel pressure regulator?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VT to VZ V6/V8 workshop manual says that the fuel pressure regulator on gen111 V8's is located up in the fuel rail running to the injectors, it says you just need to remove the engine cover to access it. It doesnt say anything different for the later model V8's, so I guess its still in the same place.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
It says that in my Gregory's manual also, but I don't think it's rite. I just read something that says the fuel system is return less that would mean the regulator is in the tank yeah? There's something that looks like a fpr between the fuel rails but it isn't rite? That doesn't make any sence?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It is a return less system and the reg is located on the pump housing in the tank. That thing on the rail is a fuel pressure dampener which is useless

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Richard is correct. It is attached to the fuel pump assembly inside the tank. And yes you have to drop the tank to get it out. The one in the rail on engine is the dampener.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. I haven't dropped a tank before. Should be another fun challenge.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
Easy as mate, 3 straps hold it in, disconnect fuel lines and wiring plug. The fill funnel is all attached. Easiest done on a hoist as you will need some clearance to get it out because of the funnel. Just drop it down slowly so you can disconnect the lines and wiring without breaking anything.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It says that in my Gregory's manual also, but I don't think it's rite. I just read something that says the fuel system is return less that would mean the regulator is in the tank yeah? There's something that looks like a fpr between the fuel rails but it isn't rite? That doesn't make any sence?

Yeah, I have 2 workshop manuals here for VT to VZ V6/V8, a gregorys and a max ellery, these both show the fuel pressure regulator on the gen111 vehicles is connected to the fuel lines under the engine cover, theyve even got pictures showing it, but they dont mention anthing about the later V8's. It does say that the alloytech V6 has the pressure regulator located in the tank. Youd think at least one of these manuals would have the updated info about the later V8's having a non return fuel system..
Gregorys manuals were always the best manuals to use (besides the factory manuals of course),ive used gregorys manuals for over 25 years now, but ever since Haynes manuals took over Gregorys, they have gone downhill and just arent as good as they used to be.

Futech

Like a boss
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7
The V6's have it on the engine end with return back but the V8's have them in tank. Pretty sure thats how they all are but hey i could be wrong. I have factory manuals and that's what they say. The damper up top end on the 8's looks like a reg but its not.