Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is the vq body control module

DOWNVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 97 s2
hi i just bought a vq statesman of a wrecker and i didnt get a key iv alreasy got all the parts i need i just need to find the body control module iv looked under the steering coloumn and it wasnt there dose any 1 know where it is thank you

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Isnt it behind the kick panel on the passenger side ?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The ECU is behind the passenger side kick panel,not the BCM.The BCM should be in near the fuses etc behind the panel under the steering column.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
What year VQ statesman did you buy?

Series 1 (Grey/Blue Dash) Series 2(Black Dash)

DOWNVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 97 s2
hi its a 1990 model blue dash its not where the fuses are and the ecu is behind the passenger side kick panel i have the remote to turn off the immobiliser but i just cand find the bcm

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I know that some model VP's didnt have a BCM,they used seperate modules for the different systems, if your car does have a BCM,there should also be an ALDL connector under the dash there somewhere near the fuses, this is so a a Tech 1 scantool can be connected to the BCM for diagnostics.It should be the same plug as the ECU ALDL connector near the ECU.On the later models,the BCM, ECU,ABS and SRS all use the same ALDL connector for diagnostics ,but the VP's that have the BCM have 2 seperate ALDL connectors...If it doesnt have the one under the dash near the fuses etc,it doesnt have a BCM fitted.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hi its a 1990 model blue dash its not where the fuses are and the ecu is behind the passenger side kick panel i have the remote to turn off the immobiliser but i just cand find the bcm

Hey bud, Yours is a Series1 VQ Stato, They Don't have a BCM module, All their setups are seperate modules.

Cheers
Mat