Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where should I route my amp power wire through the firewall?

hoborific

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VR V6
So I found a grommet behind the brake booster however I haven't found the interior side, I currently have my dash out so any ideal location will be appreciated, I have ran my RCA wires up the passenger side with the memory wire and the new speaker wires down both sides.

While I have a thread up, is there a particularly recommended spot to ground/mount the amp in the boot?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The oblong grommet next to the brake booster is the hole for the Clutch Master Cylinder to be fitted if the vehicle was a manual, so if yours is an Automatic then that hole is totally good to use. I will say though that once you pull the grommet out it's really hard to get it back in.

The best way is to carefully drill a hole and push your cable through, thus you won't have to remove the grommet. Generally this isn't practical to do as your drill won't fit accurately in the limited space that's there.

So pull it out drill the hole and slide your cable through and then reinsert. If you make the hole pretty much the same size as the outside diameter of the cable (no larger) you won't require any sealer to keep water out.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its soft enough to push a coat hanger through, or u can make a slot with a Stanley knife, tape up the power cable to coat hanger and thread it through then go inside and grab the hanger wire and pull it through. I use a MDF board and bolt it to the top of parcel shelf then screw the amp to the board, depends on you, are you running speakers in the back with a sub if so just screw the amp to the sub and put a self tapper into the back seat frame. Oh its a rem wire not memory, it tells the amp to fire up when you turn on your head unit.