Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where Things Are At

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Howdy Guys,
Just a quick note to let you all know where things are at.

Firstly I would like to thank Eav00l who has been spreading the word about the site, I have it registered with a pile of search engines but the old site comes up most of the time, hopefully that will change soon enough.

I am presently running this site from a P2 350 Linux box with 256Mb RAM, stability wise it should be perfect unless good old Telstra lets me down by having network problems *touch wood* things have been pretty darn good of late. If the system simply becomes to slow I'll upgrade it, I have been meaning to do something about it for quite a while.

One thing I am a little concerned with is speed of site. Its running on a Telstra Cable connection with 128k upload which equates to approximately 16kb/sec upload which depending on the amount of users it should be ok. If you notice it really dragging please let me know and I will chase it up further.

Ultimately my plan before even starting this site was to get enough users on here to warrant it to be hosted and get my own domain name. I do have the domain name which is being organised now so its all just a matter of time.

There is just one more thing which I should add. I was asked recently whether I made any money out of the site, I could not be anymore blunt than 'NO', this site is a hobby for me so I have no intention now or in the forseeable future to generate money for myself.

Last but not least, I am studying as some of you know, only 3 weeks to go but I can't guarantee I will be around all the time so I could be looking for some moderators or even possibly another admin if things really take off which at the moment they are looking very nice indeed.

That's about it for now.

I will keep you posted of the lastest happenings as they occur. For all the latest news have a look at the main page which can be found here

Cheers
Darren

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Just a bit of an update for you all.

If you come through via the main page you would have noticed we now have our own domain and hosting. While it is still probably a little early to take this option I didn't want to run into problems further on down the track.

I only have 2 more days of official classes which are put aside for tests, all going well by the end of next week I would have finished TAFE and have cpmpleted Cert IV in IT. On the otherhand worse case scenario I will have to go back to resubmit a test but that's for you guys to worry about.

Once finished this will then allow me to pursue a few of the suggestions which have been made and finally put them into place. If there is something you want to see which I don't already have please chuck me a message.

Looking at how a lot of people have found the site, body kits have been rather popular so I may look into some articles or something along those lines which make it easier for you guys to make a decision. As yet a decision hasn't been made on what way I will end up going or at all but we'll see how time goes.

What else is coming I hear you ask.

At this stage I am slowly working on compiling some more faults, mainly for VT and a few for the VX and of course some more how-to's for those DIY guys.

Last but not least, I am happy the way things are going, the new domain still hasn't showed up in the search engines as yet so once this happens we should see a steady flow of new users coming which would be great for you and make all the work I have put into the site worthwhile.

That's about it for now, I will keep you posted of any news as it happens.

Cheers
Darren

GreenDay_59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s1 Acclaim
hey darren, if you want anothere moderator or admin let me know, im always on the net so would be able to help out.... i would also like with you permission to start organising some events for the club in victoria, eg cruise's and mini meets and stuff. to spread the word about the site.

feel free to email me on [email protected]