Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to buy solid axle rear struts to fit ssl

Kianne

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore 3.8L
Hi guys!
I was wondering if anyone would know of a guy website to get a pair of rear shocks to fit ssl springs, also with Solid Rear Axle (that’s where it gets hard ).
Also preferably for a price that doesn’t break the bank lol.
Thanks in advance.

H

harrop.senator

If you look on eBay short rear shocks or lowered rear shocks for vs there's a few cheap brands.

I've used the Australian autoline ones and I prefer there hd ones to Monroe.

There's Gabriel , webco , ultima etc

I've fitted all three of those brands and not had issues. Hard to tell you what ones are better , but they've all improved on the really bad ones that I'd replaced.

All of them are $100-150 delivered.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
suzukisuper $90 nfi if any good but they're cheap & hopefully will stop ya springs falling out.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Heavy...858500?hash=item58949423c4:g:pzUAAOxyKsZRrWd7

Basically shorter range shocks for sedans without metal collar in middle of bush to fit over stud mount on diff...sedans have smaller nut & bolt through bracket on diff.

Pedders or superpro(?) do shorter bumpstops which are a must.

Kianne

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore 3.8L
Thanks man, I’ve seen the ones on EBay & I’ve sorta just left that as a last resort because I’m a little sceptical on buying parts off eBay lol

Kianne

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore 3.8L
Thanks man, I’ve seen the ones on EBay & I’ve sorta just left that as a last resort because I’m a little sceptical on buying parts off eBay lol

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
They're legit...parts imported generic stuff...quality seems ok as everthing I've bought off them seems to fit & work ok considering how cheap some of the parts are compared to others.

They used to be short drive away untill moved to larger warehouse they're at now.

Only thing I won't buy is the springs as I don't like kings springs...got 2nd hand freebies of that brand & hated them so much took them out an hour later.

H

harrop.senator

I don't mind king's as long as there the HD or EHD. Normal ones are just way to soft. The Lovells and dobinsons are my favourite.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lovells are awesome. I have Lovells all round and was told they would be not much different to factory. But I can say the difference is unbelievable. I used to skip all over the road if I hit corros now I can cruise over them and stay on my side of the road and not even get shaken around like a bastard, like I used to.

Kianne

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore 3.8L
i brought a pair of the seller you recommend so let’s see how they turn out. Thank you for your help!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nothing special but they're cheap,usually got stock on shelf & short drive away if really need it lol