Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to buy vn series 1 crank adapter?

Menace38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
where and how much would it cost for an adaptor? its the adaptor to convert series 1 auto to manual? is ther anything else i need to get for this conversion aparts from all the manual bits??

rickybobby

shake 'n' bake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 T5, VR V8 T5, VS L67 statto, VY V6

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
Buy a second hand manual engine would be better than the adapter probably cheaper as well.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Buy a second hand manual engine would be better than the adapter probably cheaper as well.

What makes you say that? I used one many years ago, never had a problem with it, was fantastic. Granted though, that was back when VN V6's were actually worth more than a box of beer....Probably not worth spending the money now.

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
Not a fan of the adapter, adds weight to the flywheel and I assume the OP is wanting to do the conversion for performance reasons. Reckon you would buy a VN V6 manual in good running order for less than the cost of the adapter, flywheel etc. I think the last part of your post answers your question.

Menace38L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
i jus want a 5 speed man got box and series 1 flywheel and few of the other bits for the conversion? jus need a tailshaft and starter motor ithink? and engine still good? y get a thrashed manual engine?

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Not a fan of the adapter, adds weight to the flywheel and I assume the OP is wanting to do the conversion for performance reasons. Reckon you would buy a VN V6 manual in good running order for less than the cost of the adapter, flywheel etc. I think the last part of your post answers your question.

Adds weight? Hold on, it turns an auto crank into exactly the same dimensions as a manual crank, so whatever weight the adaptor adds, a manual crank would be the same....Think about it.

Also, if you buy a manual conversion, it will come with a flywheel so the only extra cost is the adaptor itself.