Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to find the V.I.N. number on a VL?

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Hi, I have done a search but couldn't find any info. I need the V.I.N. number for my VL for registration but can't find it. Does anyone know where it is on a VL. My VR has it under the windscreen. I would have thought it it would be stamped somewhere in the engine bay. Any help is much appreciated.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Passanger side strut tower, when you look at the motor from standing on that side, look down and it will be staring you straight in the face, unless someone has painted heaps of paint over it and you will have to rub it back a little.

hope that helps

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
Yeah that's what I thought. I can't see any sign of any numbers.

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
www.shaunpainephotography.com
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
Nackerz is on the money, the VL's did have VINs.

It is the small plate that is the same colour as the engine bay above the compliance plate/build plate. That ENTIRE number is the VIN, it is split into two parts.

VL Commodore VIN Decoder - VLTurbo.com
^You can pop it in there and find out a bit of info about how the car started life, too.

EDIT: Heres a pic, apologies whoever's engine bay this is, just got the pic off Google as I don't have one of mine handy.
You might have to pop your head in there to see under that rubber seal thing, but it is(or SHOULD be) definitely there. It'll be something like 8K35JHL614548L with a gap in there somewhere

aaavwg.png

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All Commodores had VIN's.