Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to from here?

Vk355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hi guys. This is the first time I have ever used a forum so please bear with me.... wanting to know what manual gearbox would best suit my 84 vk with 355. Also any guide in where to start looking. Cheers

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
IMO: T56 6sp
Requires a turbo bolt pattern block or a aftermarket bell housing for trimatic blocks. There are multiple sites selling them on eBay, just a little massaging of the tunnel required, plenty of posts on this site. Speedo will require a "black box" to convert electric sender input to mechanical output. Clutch only requires 6 cylinder pedalbox with an under dash master cylinder & internal concentric slave cylinder.

T5 wont take a beating if you want to flog it continuously with a healthy 355, however still not a cheap option as you will need to find a V8 manual pedalbox $500-ish (hard to find these days), Holden V8 T5 $2k-3k, again aftermarket bell housing if you have a trimatic block!