Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to Get 12V Pos & 12 Acc?

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
To wire in my DVD Monitor I need 12 volts positive and a 12 volt accessory connecion.
Where's the best (easiest) place to pick these up?
It will be mounted under the existing radio.
Regards
Keith.

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
to get the 12v constant power remover the fust cover under steering collum and there are a few spots in fuse area which dont have a fuse in them and if you look closer they only have a terminal at the top where as the used ones have one top and bottom,Just crimp on a spade terminal and plug it in and for the acc tap onto the + of the cigaret lighter just pull up the plastics surrounding the gear shift really simple.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
there is an accessory power plug that has a various signal wires and power wires, its behind the glove box around the kick panel area, i can find a diagram for you later if you want that,

reason being, if installers tap into wrong wire, the accessory can activate the bcm and drain the battery flat, but as i said depending on what you tap into

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
there is an accessory power plug that has a various signal wires and power wires, its behind the glove box around the kick panel area, i can find a diagram for you later if you want that,

reason being, if installers tap into wrong wire, the accessory can activate the bcm and drain the battery flat, but as i said depending on what you tap into

Andyman.
That would be handy if you could find a diagram, I could prod around with a test lamp and multimetre but I could end up with the result you speak of. Things can look good in the short term but.................
Thanks
Regards
Keith.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

that is handy to know for future reference! :thumbsup:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
The quickest, simplest and cheapest method is to plug it into the cig/accessory power point. That particular point is only active when ign/acc is turned on. Save a lot of wiring and no chance of getting it wrong and casuing more problems.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
The quickest, simplest and cheapest method is to plug it into the cig/accessory power point. That particular point is only active when ign/acc is turned on. Save a lot of wiring and no chance of getting it wrong and casuing more problems.

I don't entirely disagree with you in fact that was my first option, however if the constant 12volts is used then any memories that are stored in the unit will be retained. If there are no memories then nothing is lost anyway.
As I implied in my earlier post I can check around (test lamps & multi metre) particularly the radio wiring plug and use that but I'm not sure how the BCM sees that.
If a diagram becomes available that would be great.
In other words if all else fails I will use only the Acc. 12volts (cig. lighter).
Thanks
Regards, Keith.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I don't entirely disagree with you in fact that was my first option, however if the constant 12volts is used then any memories that are stored in the unit will be retained. If there are no memories then nothing is lost anyway.
As I implied in my earlier post I can check around (test lamps & multi metre) particularly the radio wiring plug and use that but I'm not sure how the BCM sees that.
If a diagram becomes available that would be great.
In other words if all else fails I will use only the Acc. 12volts (cig. lighter).
Thanks
Regards, Keith.

sorry keith, was out in the field today, but will get a copy of it tomorrow,

the plug has an earth, 12v constant, 12v accessories, 12volt ignition(i think?), and a phone blockout/voice in

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
sorry keith, was out in the field today, but will get a copy of it tomorrow,

the plug has an earth, 12v constant, 12v accessories, 12volt ignition(i think?), and a phone blockout/voice in

No worries Andyman it'll happen.
Regards and thanks.
Keith.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Any luck with that diagram yet Andyman?
Thanks
Regards Keith.