Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to get a leather center console lid?

silvermist

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
Hi,

Has anyone upgraded the standard rubber center console lid with a leather version? If so, where can I get one?

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
ebay? holden? have a quick look on ebay, probably heaps

silvermist

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
Some questions might seem strange as I'm a Pontiac G8 owner...

Does the Commodore come with a standard leather lid or is this an aftermarket part?
Where would you go to get a new one?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Some questions might seem strange as I'm a Pontiac G8 owner...

Does the Commodore come with a standard leather lid or is this an aftermarket part?
Where would you go to get a new one?

Depends which level of Commodore you're talking about. The higher luxury levels come standard with the leather lid, yes.

We would be able to get them from Holden spare parts over here but I'm not sure if they ship to outside Australia. Have you tried Pontiac? Or have they shut their doors already? :/

silvermist

Reaction score
Members Ride
G8
Pontiac still offers the accessories for a G8, which are not many. Historically, they did not have much. Just to get you some idea, what they have: rear-view chrome cover, gas tank cover, trunk organizer net,...
Select Accessories

My G8 is the GT which comes with the 6L V8 and had the leather seats and steering wheel - rubber lid. Is this the equivalent of the Commodore SS-V while the SS-V has the leather lid?

How do you find spare part numbers for Holdens?
Over here I can access some gm parts suppliers that have drawings and find parts (or of course fellow forum members).

Also, what kind of online stores are you using to order such parts?
I figured that not everyone will ship to the US. But who knows... There might be even an opportunity for someone wanting to make some extra cash.

With Pontiac going out of business I figured I better make some friends from the Holden land.

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac still offers the accessories for a G8, which are not many. Historically, they did not have much. Just to get you some idea, what they have: rear-view chrome cover, gas tank cover, trunk organizer net,...
Select Accessories

My G8 is the GT which comes with the 6L V8 and had the leather seats and steering wheel - rubber lid. Is this the equivalent of the Commodore SS-V while the SS-V has the leather lid?

How do you find spare part numbers for Holdens?
Over here I can access some gm parts suppliers that have drawings and find parts (or of course fellow forum members).

Also, what kind of online stores are you using to order such parts?
I figured that not everyone will ship to the US. But who knows... There might be even an opportunity for someone wanting to make some extra cash.

With Pontiac going out of business I figured I better make some friends from the Holden land.

Wow, I haven't seen some of those accessories over here, in particular the door handles and chrome mirror covers look very appealing. I might have to investigate further...

Yes, your G8 is the equivalent of the SSV. My SSV also has the leather interior but a vinyl console lid.

I have used these guys before: Rare Spares - Genuine & Reproduction Parts and they ship to the U.S.
There are some others, perhaps some other guys could chip in.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride

BruceSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS auto
Hi,

Has anyone upgraded the standard rubber center console lid with a leather version? If so, where can I get one?

I initially looked into getting one (Calais V part) for my SS but Holden wanted around $250 and they didn't look that special.
I also asked 3 upholsterers and they said it couldn't be easily done as the cover wraps under blah blah. so I gave up.

I saw a nice one in Wheels or Motor on the Coupe60 concept, shame they are not available from the parts bin.

ryan.d

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V INTERNATIONAL 6L
Wow, I haven't seen some of those accessories over here, in particular the door handles and chrome mirror covers look very appealing. I might have to investigate further...

Yes, your G8 is the equivalent of the SSV. My SSV also has the leather interior but a vinyl console lid.

I have used these guys before: Rare Spares - Genuine & Reproduction Parts and they ship to the U.S.
There are some others, perhaps some other guys could chip in.

i have those door handles on my ve calais v international...