Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to get Gilber drive kits?

bluesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo
Hi, firstly i have done a search fro this and having a little trouble finding the answer that i need.

I currently have a 2012 VE Maloo that is running the Walkinshaw supercharger + plus a few other things.

I am looking to find where i can get the Gilmer drive kits to put on the rear pulleys.
They give a little more of the whine sound but the main reason is to help stop and belt slipping.

So if anyone knows where i can get these kits from it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
cappa sell them be careful you get the right one u want tho (boost wise)

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
IMHO they sound bloody aweful but hey it's ur car. What size front pulley are you running to get rear drive slip? 20mm?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
42096-hi-Bugs_Bunny.jpg

bluesilver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maloo
Cheers, will check out cappa.
yes the toothed pulleys do make a slight whine, but not much different from the Supercharger whine.
I guess if you you like the sound of a Supercharger, these gilmer kits would sound nice.

The idea was to eliminated any slip that you get with forced induction, plus better sound.
Currently running on around 10psi which is what Walkinshaw recommend to set them up at.

Cheers.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hey mate

first thing u gotta check is which blower did u get from walkinshaw as there new ones are front drive so no gilmer drive there

if its rear drive then go for it my mate has one and it sounds awsome can hear him comming ages away with whine, im deff getting one too

good luck!