Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to place speakers in VK

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
why dont u get another set of door cards figure out some pods till there exactly how u like them then transfer them to ur current door cards?

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
I dont really want to drill holes on the door for wires and stuff.
and just got brand new black door trims and dont want to dodge them up with speakers pods and what not

thats why im saying plan it perfectly figure it out so it suits ur needs coz at the end of the day if u want decent sound up front ur gonna need 6 inch splits and whats been proved so far is theres no other really eligible spots so if u plan it well ull be able to pull it off nicely

Pez

Reppin
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VK
if i got 6" splits and put the middy's on the parcel shelf and brought the tweeters in the front would that sound OK?

i was talking to the sound guy and he said if i amp 4" i will blow them so was thinking have 6" splits and put middy's at the back and splits in the front and replace the center dash speaker with a better one then just run a 10" sub..

anyone know if that will sound alright. Because i really dont want to cut holes in the door if i can help it.

Thanks for all your reply's so far

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
imo it would sound like crap if you did that. Also if you set the gain properly on the amp you wont blow a set of 4" speakers. Alternatively, why not look at some custom pods that sit on your door trims? Get them trimmed to match, would definitely add to the look. If you do it right you won't be 'dodging it up'! I've got a vk project in storage as well - I have no problems attaching pods to the trims, as long as it looks good, is done properly and doesnt detract from the look of the car.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I think an issue for him bezz is the fact he'll have to drill holes in the door and pillar to run the wiring, although i do agree with your point of getting a custom pair of pods matched to the door interiors. If done properly (like this stuff should be) the wiring will look really neat.

I personally wouldnt be cutting holes in your dash, go to a "proper" car audio store and ask them for their opinions on what to do for front speakers, usually theres a good option or two, i havent worked on a VK for a while so cant provide you with detailed options.

4" speakers can be amped without problems, like bezz said.....providing the gain is set properly and more importantly the HPF (high pass filter) is set properly too. (For 4" speakers something around 120-200hz is ideal)

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
If its a calais he shouldn't need to drill holes, he could just as easily run the wires with the loom for the power windows.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I think its only a berlina, but regardless they should have power windows or central locking????

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Even if it doesn't have power windows all the necessary holes will still be there.