Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to put my tacho?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
any1 got pictures of a rpm tacho fitted in a vr i need to work out the best spot to put it. any help will be appreciated :thumbsup:

I'd fit it to where the original one was, this way you can have an aftermarket one in there that amazingly does the same job!!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not defending him or anything (because VR V6 auto's with aftermarket rev tacho's are beyond rediculous), but i'd say there's a 99% chance his VR V6 doesn't have a rev gauge. Pretty sure most of the (providing they are Execs) just have a stage 1 cluster. Being a fuel and temp gauge with a speedo.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Ive seen them mounted on shelves in boxes,at places like Repco and Autobahn, they look pretty good mounted there......

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Not defending him or anything (because VR V6 auto's with aftermarket rev tacho's are beyond rediculous), but i'd say there's a 99% chance his VR V6 doesn't have a rev gauge. Pretty sure most of the (providing they are Execs) just have a stage 1 cluster. Being a fuel and temp gauge with a speedo.

So if its an auto v6, why do you need one?? I'd suggest just fitting a shift light.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
So if its an auto v6, why do you need one??

Exactly^^^^

I'd suggest learning where the shift point is by ear and feel so you can manual shift it. No need for a shift light either. It's piss easy to learn when to shift. You can hear it.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
When I had a VR, it already had an RPM guage. Why would you need to bolt on an aftermarket one?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not all of them come with an RPM gauge.......

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Really? I drove an Executive VR and a Calais VR and I'm sure both had RPM. Either way, its an auto and kind of pointless anyway.

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Mate good for you doing what YOU want to do

You could always cut out you coin holder/speed alert and flush mount it in there I have an ipod dock mounted there atm looks the part i think