Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to put the crossover?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey crew, i need some suggestions.

i've installed splits a few months back, but didnt have another amp so i havent had them connected. i've finally amp'ed up run most of the wiring from the boot to the front, to the tweeters, but still need to find n splice into the existing wiring for the woofers or run new ones (fun i know!).

where have you placed the crossover? i've seen them screwed to the doors but dont want them in view. where can i secure them to out of view. i was contemplating screwing them to the kick panels but on the drivers side the accelerater is in the way.

suggestions?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I have a VP, but i've put my left crossover in the back section of the glovebox, and the right crossover as you said inside the driver's side kick panel. I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not, but i wouldnt have the left crossover in the drivers side, so far from the woofer and tweeter, and keep them equal distance apart, and as close to the speakers as possible..

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i wouldnt put both crossovers next to each other, rather each crossover in the same location on each side.

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
In my VS there's a plastic shelf behind the glove box which is where I've got my left hand one. There's also a shelf on the right hand side in the same position if you drop the panel below the steering column, but its a bit more difficult to get to. after doing the left one i cbf with it and just tech screwed it against a metal strip underneath next to the steering column where there was enough room for the plastic cover to close over it.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
thanks crawfy, did u screw it to anything on the left hand side or is that sucker just floating round?

lol tech screwing it, i'll check it out over the weekend.

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
yeah i drilled a hole through the shelf and just ran a bolt through one of the mounts on the crossover, it's sitting on a carpet sort of lining and doesn't move at all :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I stuck mine down with double sided tape,saved a lot of time stuffing around with drilling ect, and it hasn't come loose....yet-:whistling

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
yet another brilliant idea, i have some industrial double sided stuff too, this **** dont let go

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
ive got mine in my boot mounted next to my amps, look too pretty to hide away :)

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
I managed to fit mine behind the plastic air vent cover on either end of dash and drilled them into the metal that's there. It's a pretty tight squeeze but they are out of the way and easy enough to get to if I have to.