Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to run amp power wire

ozzie_online88

I'm No Superman...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Exec
Cheers for all the info, I will hopefully get the cables all done this weekend so its all nice and ready for my deck :D

steve40

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive
Hsa anyone tried running wire through the bonnet cable gromit? it seems very easy to get to.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
I mounted my amp on the rear parcel tray... open the boot and you can't even see it unless you stand a distance back or put your head down and look up at the tray.
Pictures...

Attachments

• P1090802.JPG
    P1090802.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,463
  • P1090797.JPG
    P1090797.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,759

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
the problem with having it like that is amps like air, and they dont like being upside down, because your trapping the heat in and eventually will burn out your circuits. in theory its really good, takes no room, nice and tidy. but in my experience with amps the more air the better. you see in some sound off comps, people packin dry ice around there amps to keep em cool and running as efficient as possible.

just my 2c.

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
the problem with having it like that is amps like air, and they dont like being upside down, because your trapping the heat in and eventually will burn out your circuits. in theory its really good, takes no room, nice and tidy. but in my experience with amps the more air the better. you see in some sound off comps, people packin dry ice around there amps to keep em cool and running as efficient as possible.

just my 2c.

Are you saying amps don't like upside down air?? I think it'll be just fine. :thumbsup:

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
It gets plenty of air... if anything it gets more air than it usually would... It is on a flat metal surface, as opposed to sitting carpet...
Also, it runs very very cool... did some reading online and people do make commets about how cool it is.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
heat rises does it not?? so when an amp is upside down, all thet heat is trapped inside of it. it cant vent the heat out .

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Are you saying amps don't like upside down air?? I think it'll be just fine. :thumbsup:

upside down air? thats not what i was sayin. have another beer woody lol.

also, you doin much this weekend? might come round and have a beer lol.

stoged

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
heat rises does it not?? so when an amp is upside down, all thet heat is trapped inside of it. it cant vent the heat out .

I would think it all depends where the fans are on the AMP. My old Boss amp had 2 fans on the bottom of it.. so i flipped it upside down... ran fine