Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to service my car

djvsa

Reaction score
guys

ive booked the car in at ultra tune, but i have done some research and read a lot of bad things about them, can anyone suggest where i can take it? im in salisbury sa and its an ss ute. cheers

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Cancel that booking straight away mate.

Theres a good mechanic in Pooraka, Called Danbe Auto Repairs.
Addy is 10a (i think) Ween Rd Pooraka, which is just of Research Road.

Not sure how much he has done with LS1s, as he's into Torrys, but if its just a standard service, you'll have no worries.

Number is 8349 4144 (think thats right, if not check the white pages) Brian is the owner.

Last edited:

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
should do it ur self, save on labour, i just did my engine oil, filter, gearbox pan gasket and new filter for that. didnt spend over 90 less then a few hr's i was good to go an feels so much better when u done it ur self known its done.

yeh i dont like ultra tune b4 we bought the car off ur my misses sister they took it there an 1200 later, n i can honestly say from wot thay aid needed doin i had a look an it didnt even look touched. but dont take everyones word. coz i think all have good an bad times.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
It's good to go to a mechanic if you want to keep your service history up to date. The VN has a service history, which is why I'm taking her to a trusted mechanic. The XU6 on the other hand, doesn't have a service history, so we'll be doing that ourselves.

Better to go to a trusted mechanic that has been highly recommended, than a place you've heard bad stuff about.

djvsa

Reaction score

Addy is 10a (i think) Ween Rd Pooraka, which is just of recency road.

Not sure how much he has done with LS1s, as he's into Torrys, but if its just a standard service, you'll have no worries.

Number is 8349 4144 (think thats right, if not check the white pages) Brian is the owner.

thanks champ, much appreciated, reason i need to take to mechanic and not do it myself is coz its under warranty and it needs to be done by qualified mechanic, otherwise id do it myself, Stealthy again....your a champion, cheers mate

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Addy is 10a (i think) Ween Rd Pooraka, which is just of Research Road.

sorry man, i said the wrong road name......don't know what planet i was on.

The road it is off is Research Road Pooraka, then turn onto Ween road near the top, and its on the right hand side just before the 2nd side street.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
oh yup if its under warrenty then yeh better to it by the book, our vt we got privately an no warrenty so yeh. altho we had warrenty on our old car which was gold class we needed a few things fixed on it which was stated to be coverd never got done had to fork out the money out of my own pocket.

gl with it

cheers

djvsa

Reaction score
sorry man, i said the wrong road name......don't know what planet i was on.

The road it is off is Research Road Pooraka, then turn onto Ween road near the top, and its on the right hand side just before the 2nd side street.

its ok mate, worked it out, cheers