Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to stick the key

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
I suppose the theory is that the remote battery will die slowly so it would not unlock the car first, then not be able to enable the start circuitry.
So one day you go to unlock the car - it is flakey. next time it wont unlock the car at all, so the battery would still have enough charge to start the car IF the fob was close enough to the RF receiver. Hence the hidey hole. But that's only going to work a few times too.
One day the batteries in my VX remotes are going to die... (Still both original).

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the key can still start the vehicle without a battery in the key at all.
in push button start vehicles the coil for the rfid chip is in the console where that slot is you put the key and in ignition barrel start vehicles it is next to the ignition barrel.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
the key can still start the vehicle without a battery in the key at all.
in push button start vehicles the coil for the rfid chip is in the console where that slot is you put the key and in ignition barrel start vehicles it is next to the ignition barrel.
Ahh.. ow I understand. Around 1990's Mitsubishis had unique keys for each car regardless of the actual key that engages the lock tumblers. They had RFID chips in the key handle. No batteries needed.
Thanks