Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to tie a dog in a vz crewman ute

matt8

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks heaps. Got your email ssz ute really appreciate it. I had that kinda set up before but the dog could run left right like dogz example. The baby harness bolt idea is a no go, forgot the crewman has a seperate tray - gap between the cab and tray - mmmmmm. I bought a stainless u plate that I am thinking of screwing into the tray???????? My hands will be shaking - could take me a month to decide!! If and when I do I will take a couple of pics and post them for your opinons!!! Bugger it, I might do it today!

S

steve_sarge

I've just been reading your post and thought that maybe a "collared" eyebolt * would be suited to your requirements as you can hard mount this to the centre of your tray (either on the floor or the cab end wall). From this eyebolt, you can use your desired "attachment arrangement" to secure you pet.

If you decide to use a Karibiner to attatch your pooch to any anchorage point, please do yourself a favour and get one from a camping or climbing store with a "Double action" mechanism and not the $2 shop as the cheap ones are best suited to keyrings not restraining your Best Friend.

*"Collared" for the sideways movement strength required due to loads impeded on the item from your beloved pooch running left to right and also mounts flush to a flat surface rather than "Pulling through your tray when tightened".

Attachments

• collared eye bolt.jpeg
    collared eye bolt.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 254

matt8

Reaction score
Hey Guys, thanks for the compliments.

I thought this was the best alternative. It is a stainless steel whatsa-me-call-it hooky thing with stainless rivits too.

Lucy at first was a bit shy of sticking her head between the bars, but now she owns it! Only took her a day or two to get use to it.

Funny dog, if she doesn't want to go and you ask her to jump in she puts both front paws on the tailgate and slowly one rear paw and prentends she cannot get up. But, if we are at home and I drop the tail gate shes in like lightning if asked, lol. Defenantly a girl dog!

V

vyyoot

I have 2 Rottweilers that always come for a cruise on my VY ute. I have a Sports Bar on the back so I just loop their leash around the upright of the Sports bar and back through the handle of the leash. It works a treat as the leash is just the right length that they cant get past the back of the Sports Bar, which is a good thing as they get great pleasure scaring the bejesus out of the car next to me in traffic!!!