Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to tie a dog in a vz crewman ute

matt8

Reaction score
I am buying a vz crewman tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there is a proper tie point to tie my dog to?

Does anyone know the rules of tying a dog in a veichle?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
a mate of mine has an eye bolt in the floor of the tray of his ute. he has a tray back and just drilled through the tray. he has a chain hooked up to it with a caribena either end. im sure you could do something similar in the tray of a crewman, you would most likely have to put the hole in the fuel tank cover panel.

as far as dogs inside cars, as far as i am aware it is illegal to have an urestrained animal in a car. you can use a harness and loop it through the seatbelt and clip the belt in.

what sort of dog is it by the way?

eye bolt
207696_front200.jpg

caribena
m1981_carabina.jpg

harness
in010917_10b31.jpg

matt8

Reaction score
Bugger troy, I thought you were back to scalled me..... FEW!

Thanks for the info... great, and a lot of work too!

The crewman has a tub liner so I will have to figure out a way around that.

In my old vs I screwed a u latch to behind the cab on the aft wall. As I was drilling I noticed a small buch of fluff. Turned out I screwed it into the cabin, the fluff was the carpet. hahahhaha. At least it was covered! I was sure I wasn't going to do that too. Bugger. As for jumping on the roof while in the back.... never. Very polite dog. Though she did scratch the shart outa the vs chasing birds when she was a pup. What can you do when you don't see them do it? Nothing.

My dog is a beautiful choc labradore. Very smart knows heaps of tricks, learns them in 5 mins roughly. 'Bang your dead', she barks and lays on her back. Sometimes the tail waging gives her away!

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
haha sounds like a pretty sweet dog. my girls parents have a malamute. i consider her my second girlfriend cos every single time i go around there the dog is soooo happy to see me :p. sometimes she wil just sit at my feet and stare at me lovingly

shouldnt be too much work to take the tub liner out... maybe put a hole through that too..? anywho, let me know how you go

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I tied a rope to each corner (decent knots as well) and joined them in the middle with a marine grade hasp that way the dog can't get over to each side. The rope is also short enough so that he can't get onto the roof.

Mind you have never been on a trip with the dog in the tray as I have the lid on there now and its not worth getting it off each time, so he now sits on the passenger seat (covered with a blanket of course...)

matt8

Reaction score
Troy, there great mates. We were um'naring about getting one dunno how I would go without her now.

vy, I had the same arangement in the back of the vs the only problem was she would chew through the ropes. I went through heaps so resorted to the hook in the cab.

I thought you might be able to pick off the baby harness bolt?? See how we go???

Dogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Crewman
I tie a rope from one tie down to the other one on the inside of the tray then a looped rope around this to the collar, then the dog can walk from side to side and short enough no to jump out.untitled.JPG

A

Andre's SS

Train ya dog proppery like i did my rottie she goes now where not even
Jumping on my roof~
She drools down the side but never moves out or around the tray.

matt8

Reaction score
My dog is trained and trained well especially to catch birds, lol, what ever the cost! She does not need a lead and only hops in and out the back when asked. Very polite when I am around but like any kid its when you turn your back! She is only 11 months old, young for a lab.