Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where's my fuel filter

gatt_69

Reaction score
ei guyz i have a VX V6 eco tec.

just wondering where my fuel filter is located.

cheers in advance.

b-jay

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Near the diff, drivers side. Kinda hard to explain but look at the fuel tank and fuel line coming out, and follow it, you will see it, not hard to miss.

MJ_Maloo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Maloo
Did one today, it is either right up at the top of the diff well near driverside spring or just infront of the driverside wheel up against the side sill. Easy to change, just make sure you replace the 2 short bits of hose leading to and from the filter. Prone to leaking if you don't.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
easy to change?

Yes and no.

Procedure, remove the Fuel pump relay, run the car till it stalls (about 20 seconds) depending how much is in the tank it wont stall so just let it depressurise as best you can. Then on the fuel pump theres little clip things, (it will make more sense looking at it) push them and pull it away (oh undo the cradle thing first). Be prepared to get petrol in your eyes :p Nah try and keep your head away caus no doubt you will get petrol in your eyes. Plug the new one, put it back in cradle thing, replace relay and your done.

They can sieze on there, thats where you will have problems and need to be careful not to do damage to the fuel line. Mine is siezed and is impossible to get off, so Im jsut waiting to do it when the car is on the hoist next.

captain hook

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Yes and no.

Procedure, remove the Fuel pump relay, run the car till it stalls (about 20 seconds) depending how much is in the tank it wont stall so just let it depressurise as best you can. Then on the fuel pump theres little clip things, (it will make more sense looking at it) push them and pull it away (oh undo the cradle thing first). Be prepared to get petrol in your eyes Nah try and keep your head away caus no doubt you will get petrol in your eyes. Plug the new one, put it back in cradle thing, replace relay and your done.

They can sieze on there, thats where you will have problems and need to be careful not to do damage to the fuel line. Mine is siezed and is impossible to get off, so Im jsut waiting to do it when the car is on the hoist next.

What he said. AND
wear safety glasses and undo petrol cap, depressurises fuel tank.