Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheres the BCM located? & the Horn.... :D

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
THanks for the feedback guys.

Andy im replacing the BCM cause mines faulty. My car has a stroke everytime i use the key to lock & unlock the vehicle. (all the left indicator lights stay on) so i figure its a BCM prob.

personally, considering your in victoria, id be getting in contact with dr bob first to see if he can fiddle with it, i know he can fix the lights on issue, id be checking him first as that will be the least amount of trouble,

then try your different bcm, if you havnt allready bought one, i cant see to many issues as long as its the same level, ie execs use level 1,

on that subject to, id be getting holden to fit it, or fit it in the dealerships car park then get them to re-flash the computers, as the vats link wont be the same so the car probably wont start

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Yep, it is, a very common VZ issue apparently. New BCM plus keys = around $500, or Doctor Bob can fix for about half that.

If you get another used BCM, try to get the keys with it. Be prepared for the new BCM to be faulty too, if it is second hand.

kool, thanks Calaber. The BCM im gettting is from an ex vic police dog squad VZ wagon & from memory its got both keys. The cars a write off anyway (got slammed by another squad car up the arse) so the BCM was intact & working well apparently. So ill see how i go!

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
personally, considering your in victoria, id be getting in contact with dr bob first to see if he can fiddle with it, i know he can fix the lights on issue, id be checking him first as that will be the least amount of trouble,

then try your different bcm, if you havnt allready bought one, i cant see to many issues as long as its the same level, ie execs use level 1

hey funny you mention this andy....

are vic police & ambulance VZ wagons use level 1 bcm?? i know the vic pol cars are 9c1's but im not sure about the ambulance ones. ive never driven one yet.... so would the VZ paramedic response wagons be police spec as well? If so would that make the BCM a difference level??

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

are vic police & ambulance VZ wagons use level 1 bcm?? i know the vic pol cars are 9c1's but im not sure about the ambulance ones. ive never driven one yet.... so would the VZ paramedic response wagons be police spec as well? If so would that make the BCM a difference level??

ill have a dig and see what i can find out

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

ok so an executive model uses the following, Vehicle level: 1, BCM level: MEDIUM,

as far as i can see they are the same bcm

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
wot kind oflevel BCM would a VZ SV6 have then?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride

-scyth-

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
ok so an executive model uses the following, Vehicle level: 1, BCM level: MEDIUM,

as far as i can see they are the same bcm

thanks mate! if i come into trouble if give you a tickle. :dance:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
you'll prob find the car will throw an airbag fault becuase you don't have the side airbags connected.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the BCM has no bearing on the SRS codes
if you change the BCM the dealer will need to link it to the car so it will run
you will need the BCM pin & the security code from the PIM to get them linked
the sticky indicator issue can be fixed

Rob