Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheres the F**king spark plugs

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
My daughter has a 2005 Barina and the engine light came on and lost power so i decided to have a look at it .I sprayed the throttle body checked the air cleaner and was going to clean the spark plugs . The only problem is that i can't find them , or the plug leads or the coil pack. I took off the engine cover but not there either .I went and had a coffee and came back for another look , ( hoping that the would somehow materialize ) but it was not to be . Does anyone know where they are ? pleeeaaassseeeee.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hey Mate, I Think from memory, remove the Engine Cover, Then you should see 4 Leads on Top, I think they are leads and coils all in one, and they look like injector connectors, Remove one of these and the plugs should be a fare way down.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
never worked on one but id imagine they would be a coil on plug design going straight down into the combustion chamber. thats how most of those cars are these days. post a pic that would make it easy.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
The coil pack sits on top of the spark plugs. I think it's held in by a couple of torx bolts. Should be able to see it easily enough if you have the engine cover off. There aren't any spark plug leads on an '05 Barina (if it's an XC).

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Thanks guys , i thought i was having a senior moment , ill have another look tomorrow , thanks again

theperthvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
You'd reckon spark plugs would be easy to find on the new Barina Spark.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I remember changing the spark plugs on my brothers damn 2000 (?) Camry, damn things were so far in the block and required some damn tool that I didn't have, or any stores near me.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Try finding them on a Diesel!!!