Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheres the mark 'chopper' read death thread aussies??

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Chopper Read said of Eric Bana , he does a better Chopper Read , than Chopper Read

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can just see "Chopperisms" appearing on back windows just like the Such is Life ****. Why do Australians idolise criminals so much? Yeah, he was an interesting person, if you like the brutality of organised crime, but at the end of the day he was a murderer and a nasty piece of work. Just like Ned Kelly.

I do admire his approach to cnacer though, he said why does he deserve to live after what he has done. He has refused treatment since his diagnosis. His way of atonement I suppose.

ChewieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6
"I haven't shot anybody since 1992...and even then I didn't do it!" - Mark 'Chopper' Read.

Chopper was a bad man, but he was intelligent, witty and likeable. In the last 15 years of his life he kept out of trouble and seemed to be a reformed character.
If nothing else he was always entertaining.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
In the last 15 years he was clever enough not to get caught. You learn a lot in prison.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
im gonna give you 20 seconds to prajuice some cash...

funny how murderers in the country are celebrities. where i come from they get 500 years and die in prison. (unless your fortune 500, and your stock is traded)

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I can just see "Chopperisms" appearing on back windows just like the Such is Life ****. Why do Australians idolise criminals so much? Yeah, he was an interesting person, if you like the brutality of organised crime, but at the end of the day he was a murderer and a nasty piece of work. Just like Ned Kelly.

I do admire his approach to cnacer though, he said why does he deserve to live after what he has done. He has refused treatment since his diagnosis. His way of atonement I suppose.

I see your point but old chopper was a bit different. He may have held a judge hostage but mostly he was standing over other criminals. And his assaults and murders were never anyone innocent (that we know of). I don't idolize him but I find him allot more likeable than the Moran's or Carl Williams. He was the criminal that the others ran from.