Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whether I Should Remove My Muffler, Please Comment

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Series 2, 3.8L Executive
Hi Guys and Girls, i have a VP Commodore, its got WILDCAT headers, 2.5"HF Cat, 2.5" Cat Back mandrel bent Exhaust with a LUKEY muffler, i wanna go abit louder and was wondering if i just cut out my muffler and weld a pipe into its place, What do u guys think, will it sound good, how loud will it be ?. Thanks. :bow:

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
if u take the muffler out it it will be loud and clappy/harsh. whack a hotdog muffler in its place it should tone down the harshness but still be pretty loud. u dont want it sounding like the ghetto pov pack pieces of **** getting around now do u? my mate did it with his au falcon it sounded like ****

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, whats the $$ for a hotdog

if u take the muffler out it it will be loud and clappy/harsh. whack a hotdog muffler in its place it should tone down the harshness but still be pretty loud. u dont want it sounding like the ghetto pov pack pieces of **** getting around now do u? my mate did it with his au falcon it sounded like ****

Cheers, wats roughly the price of a 2.5" hotdog, i might do that. :dance:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
A Hotdog will make it louder & especially at the rear make it DRONE like a mother complaining to a child...

xtreme_sony

MY VP IS NOW A MANUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
What should i do

A Hotdog will make it louder & especially at the rear make it DRONE like a mother complaining to a child...

I dont know what to do now, what would be good ?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Is your exhaust single or dual muffler?

Put a hotdog in, in place of the centre muffler, & you can either straight pipe the rear, or put a muffler on it. up to you really

Both my V6 & V8 have a similar setup, hotdog in middle = less drone.

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
if you cut out the muffler on that setup then it would be a nearly straight exhaust. that's far too loud for normal road use, draws way too much attention even if it sounds good.

a cannon will barely muffle it and will increase the drone, you will need a decent cannon to within the legal limit. well at least in vic (limit is 90db).

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
My advice is to leave it like it is, quiet.

Loud exhuasts on a V6 sound shithouse and say to the world that you wanted a V8 but couldn't afford it and settled for a V6.

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Yep freeway driving sucks with a straight thru....maybe get a electric valve muffler so you can bypass exhaust straight out to impress the birds, and closed through the muffler when freeway driving....

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
My advice is to leave it like it is, quiet.

Loud exhuasts on a V6 sound shithouse and say to the world that you wanted a V8 but couldn't afford it and settled for a V6.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I hear them all the time round my area. if u dont have at least one muffler on ur exhaust the piggers WILLpull u over then bend u over when they test it. plus it will sound tryhardish when u give it some stick. probly sound good at idle. check out a local exhaust shop for a price on a hotdog tho. your exhaust should sound alright anyway dude u got extractors+2.5 inch.