Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which Aftermarket Exhuast Manufacturer is the Best?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
A full Hurricane system fitted to my VE Ute.

1 7/8 - 4 into 1 headers, 200 cell cats, 2 ½ inch catback with OTR and tune.

the dpe and walky dual active systems are much deeper in tone than the hurricane systems, i think it's the large dual resonators of the dpe and dpe made walky systems that give them the deep old school v8 sound

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
X Force are very popular (is this a price thing?) I had Magnaflow installed as the recommendation from https://www.robblissexhaust.com.au/ I like it. Goes well with Genie Headers, VCM OTR and some J-Pipes (my addition).

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
the dpe and walky dual active systems are much deeper in tone than the hurricane systems, i think it's the large dual resonators of the dpe and dpe made walky systems that give them the deep old school v8 sound

I also had a full 3 inch Hurricane system on another VE Ute and it was much deeper and more mechanical but I haven't got a video of it. I also had plenty of overrun tuned into it and I know that's equally loved and dislike by different owners but it also added another dimension to the sound.

No LS powered Commodore I've ever owned sounded like an old school V8, the different firing order made sure of that.

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
I have Ceramic coated Pacemakers into 3” KPM Stainless, nice deep note & sits up nice & tight under car.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
MPI Automotive bought Di Fillipo, mainly for the headers so they can make their own. Probably won't continue with the exhaust range as they have their own (Manta) stainless range.

You can get mild steel 4-1 headers, cats and full stainless "quiet" Manta system installed for around $4k. That would be my choice. Headers I would lean towards Hurricane or Pacemaker. Haven't actually seen the DPE headers produced by Manta yet so I can't comment on their fitment or quality.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
I have Ceramic coated Pacemakers into 3” KPM Stainless

thats what i had on my VE. Prior to their china streetfighter series. that thing used to shake the house. :cool:

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
I also had a full 3 inch Hurricane system on another VE Ute and it was much deeper and more mechanical but I haven't got a video of it. I also had plenty of overrun tuned into it and I know that's equally loved and dislike by different owners but it also added another dimension to the sound.

No LS powered Commodore I've ever owned sounded like an old school V8, the different firing order made sure of that.

you need to have a listen to the dpe system,its old school v8 deep throaty sound, there's a clip on youtube by vcm of a cam test install vcm532 on a red vf2 station wagon which does a few drive bys on the road, have a listen if you can find it sorry i'm hopeless at posting a link but check it out , it's not barky, or raspy as most ls sound like, it's a deep old school rumble, find and watch the thing drive rumble by on the road, you might be surprised

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
you need to have a listen to the dpe system,its old school v8 deep throaty sound, there's a clip on youtube by vcm of a cam test install vcm532 on a red vf2 station wagon which does a few drive bys on the road, have a listen if you can find it sorry i'm hopeless at posting a link but check it out , it's not barky, or raspy as most ls sound like, it's a deep old school rumble, find and watch the thing drive rumble by on the road, you might be surprised

I have a full 3 inch DPE on my cammed VE Clubsport and had one on my long gone VZ Clubby as well and as good they sound it doesn't to me sound like some of my 308 and 351 Cleveland powered cars, nothing like them but I will concede that what you hear changes from person to person and ear to ear.