Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which amp wiring kit to use?

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hi guys, I am at the stage of purchasing a wiring kit for my VZ Berlina. I am looking for a good quality 4 gauge 4 channel wiring kit. I am not necessarily looking for competition wiring, my budget sits between $100.00 and $150.00. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light into which products would be suitable. Perhaps products they have used in the past and their experience with them. Thanks :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
You could get a Cadence wiring kit for about $100, or if you look around hard enough maybe even a Stinger kit for a bit more.

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I've seen Stinger kits for about $189.00, but that's without the RCA's which would be over my budget. Stinger is a good quality wiring kit, but expensive at that.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Not a kit perse, but a lot of people around here (myself included) use jaycar for wiring. Their 4ga is quite cheap and definitely does the job. I believe I spent just under $100 all up wiring my car from jaycar parts (bought the fuse holder and distro block off ebay however).

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Yes I was definitely considering Jay-Car. With my custom wiring job I tend to require about up to 10 metres of 4 gauge as I tend to have both my amps opposite sides of the boot. And as you may already know, no amp wiring kit gives you 10 metres of power cable.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I spent $600 on wiring and that was after a 50% discount :eek:

I'd just go into JB and ask for a complete wiring kits. You're not going to really notice any difference between kits except for cosmetics/looks.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
10m of 4ga??? It takes 6m max to get from battery to boot, then the boot is only like 1.5m wide... Why do you need over 3m more?

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Ouch $600! I couldn't justify parting with that much for wiring. I bet it was well worth it though!

VesperZ

2005 Holden VZ Berlina
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I need about 10 metres because I of the way I run it. I run it so you can't see it. Plus I have a capacitor, so I am running both positive and negative for both amps off it.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
You might as well buy Jaycar if you're hiding it. I just got Stinger because I wanted it to look fancy, had Jaycar and Aerpro in all my previous installs.