Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which cam to buy for efi 202

Discussion in 'Straight 6 Development And Modification' started by bogan_vk, Jan 15, 2012.

1. bogan_vk

bogan_vk New Member

Members Ride:
    commodore
    can anybody recommend me a hydraulic cam to buy for a fairly decent 202 im currently building, im building a worked 202 and want a big cam with a lumpy note so far ive got a very healthy efi black motor with a big valve head off a blue motor, ive just bought a set of crow cams hardened steel straight cut timing gears a set of tuned length extractors with 2.5 inch flanged outlet and ill be running my gas research straight gas setup and will definatley be running roller rockers there will be alot of other work done too but atm im after a suitable cam.. any help as to which cam to buy would be apreciated as i know f/all about them.

2. Krisp

Krisp New Member

Members Ride:
    D22 St-r Navara
    You could go a 360 degree cam, they are the biggest you can go. Just remember if going for a large cam, choose one that has a power band within the revs you want to use. Dont do my mistake, mind you i was duped on what the cam actually was, its power band is 3500 rpm to 7000 rpm and my rev limited is set at 6000 rpm

3. Arkas

Arkas New Member

Members Ride:
    VN
    You do realise the blue and black heads are identicle right?

And Krisp are you seriously retarded? 360 cam?

4. davesmonaro68

davesmonaro68 New Member

Members Ride:
    vk
    ^^^^ not true Arkas black head short turn area much better than a blue but blacks are more prone to crack.

5. davesmonaro68

davesmonaro68 New Member

Members Ride:
    vk
    big cams with the stock efi manifold be careful not to wast your money go for nothing bigger than 230@50