Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which cam to buy for efi 202

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
can anybody recommend me a hydraulic cam to buy for a fairly decent 202 im currently building, im building a worked 202 and want a big cam with a lumpy note so far ive got a very healthy efi black motor with a big valve head off a blue motor, ive just bought a set of crow cams hardened steel straight cut timing gears a set of tuned length extractors with 2.5 inch flanged outlet and ill be running my gas research straight gas setup and will definatley be running roller rockers there will be alot of other work done too but atm im after a suitable cam.. any help as to which cam to buy would be apreciated as i know f/all about them.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
You could go a 360 degree cam, they are the biggest you can go. Just remember if going for a large cam, choose one that has a power band within the revs you want to use. Dont do my mistake, mind you i was duped on what the cam actually was, its power band is 3500 rpm to 7000 rpm and my rev limited is set at 6000 rpm

Arkas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
You do realise the blue and black heads are identicle right?

And Krisp are you seriously retarded? 360 cam?

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
^^^^ not true Arkas black head short turn area much better than a blue but blacks are more prone to crack.

davesmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk
big cams with the stock efi manifold be careful not to wast your money go for nothing bigger than 230@50