Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] which cam??

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
im bolting a Harrop blower to my LS1. i want to run a choppy cam that will let a little bit of boost out the exhuast in the lower rev's. i dont know which cam and brand to use.
i currently have a 224 Comp cam. wouldnt mind useing Comp cams again, but dont know which cam to use.

reason why i want a big cam, is beucause im bolting an HTV2300 onto a standard LS1

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
talk to wikky, he's got a nice cam in his in the 230-235 range on a 114 lsa from memory and makes good hp with a blower setup and stock engine (besides cam), he might be able to guide you in the right direction.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
talk to wikky, he's got a nice cam in his in the 230-235 range on a 114 lsa from memory and makes good hp with a blower setup and stock engine (besides cam), he might be able to guide you in the right direction.

yeah thanks mate, im buying and short block LS3 (sometime this year). i just want my LS1 to last a little longer with such a big blower bolted on her.

hopefully he see's this thread soon, otherwise i will send him a PM

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I've got no idea what cam you'd use for your setup. Bolting a HTV2300 to a stock/near stock LS1 isn't the norm. I'd be ringing a few tuners (reputable) and seeing what they recommend. I've got an Isky 224/230 @114 609/612 cam with my HTV1900. It's a pretty 'perfect' cam for my setup (all mods). Given your location, give Jezza at HDT CQ a call (in Mackay). Tell him what your plans are and he'll point you in the right direction with no BS.

I see you've started the same thread on the other forum, you should get a few more suggestions there.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
when you get it together tuned and find that the drivability is crap and you want a better tune, my mate in gladstone can tune it. he is the best tuner around big call but ill stand by it. he has fixed plent of cars that have come out of the big workshops in brisbane. be wether it is turbo blowen or big cam he can get them to drive perfect.