Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which commo should i get?

which commy should i go with?

• Total voters

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
just not the same now that someone's been in the vk and stuffing around with it and im not sure if they will come back for the car. if u havnt heard yet read this http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=45316.

anyways im really sick of an auto and i want a manual. i miss my vh wagon being on the road more than anything. so i thought i could down grade and get another one but 4 or 5 speed, or upgrade and get a vl sedan ive got me eye on. its 5spd freshly reco'd bout 5000ks ago, its not a wagon but i hate the plastic bumpers on wagons so if i got a wagon i would be down grading.

also how much should i ask for my vk? minus the stereo (for obvious reasons) and wheels(will put 14s back on). take a look http://www.hotholdens.com/forums/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=18.

im not a fan of vl's but after seeing this one i had a change of heart. its white and he has 3k on it but his mate thinks offer him 2k and he'll prolly take it (mates rates).

might see if we can take it for a test drive oneday and get some pics.

let us know what u think.

cheers, Brad

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
My vote goes for a 5 speed VN of course... Much roomier than a VK/VL, and much more comfortable interior. Incredibly reliable and very torquey engine. More power, torque and quicker than the VK/VL also. Still quite light as well, just 1311kg.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
sure u can quite easily pick up a vn for $2K, sold mine wid 250k km's absolutely mint cond auto but for $1800. anything is possible just not gotta be in a hurry.

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
yea i see where ur coming from but im not into vn's much, too big and bulky and i dont like the dash in em. plus for 2-3k i could get a better looking vl or sumfin than the vn.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i see where ur coming from but im not into vn's much, too big and bulky and i dont like the dash in em. plus for 2-3k i could get a better looking vl or sumfin than the vn.

Go test drive a VL... then test drive a VN-VS... Then make your decision. And dont forget to floor it :p

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
purely for size reasons i love my VS, the VL and older are just a margin too small for my liking, performance isn't a concern of mine.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I'm a big lad and I have more room in the early commo's then the VN's and upwards. Mum's VX aint to bad tho.

I rekon ya should get a VH wagon manual. ;)

BTW, VN's don't have heaps more power then VL's. My other brothers VN got 94kw at the wheels, and the dude said that was better then most standard ones. My mates VL got 96kw at the wheels with just extractors and a pod, with the aircon on haha.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm a big lad and I have more room in the early commo's then the VN's and upwards. Mum's VX aint to bad tho.

I rekon ya should get a VH wagon manual. ;)

BTW, VN's don't have heaps more power then VL's. My other brothers VN got 94kw at the wheels, and the dude said that was better then most standard ones. My mates VL got 96kw at the wheels with just extractors and a pod, with the aircon on haha.

114kw for the VL, 127kw for the VN.

Max power is little to go on mate. The VN has more torque at just 1200rpm than the VL does ANYWHERE in its rev range, including at peak. The VN has 92% of max torque from just 1200rpm through to just past 4000rpm and its max torque is 293NM... The VL only has 247NM of torque at peak. Big difference there.

GLD-086

Reaction score
VL 5 speed.:yeah:

Nah I'm not biased at all. hahahahaha

They go great, with a 5 speed box.