Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which engine to rebuild?

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II Commodore Acclaim
Thinking of whilst I am on my P's and eagerly trying to learn, getting an engine and building it up could be an educational and fun exercise with a nice reward at the end. My old man has done many an engine swap and god knows what else so don't stress, experience people will be handy to prevent me making errors or causing injury :)

Since I have an M90 SC at home, preferably an engine that I can utilise that on. Also preferably something to fit into a VS.

Cheers in advance

-Slippy

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have an ecotec and for the last couple of days have had people tell me it isn't worth it to modify and fit the SC

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
I have an ecotec and for the last couple of days have had people tell me it isn't worth it to modify and fit the SC
not for the cost m8 get a l67 engine 2 grand max most places sell them for 1500 will be the best bang for ur buck

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers, anywhere anybody could recommend to look around? Ebay seems dry for L67 atm.

Cheers

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra

in terms of money, you would have to spend a lot more on a ecotec to make it as reliable as an L67 if your going to supercharge it. cheaper to pick up an L67 and just drop it in. just sell the M90 you got and put that money towards your conversion. from there,little things like a pulley change, intercooler etc will give you a fair bit more power and on the cheap too.

Slippy_Trippy

Unicorn Shepard
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that could be the go. What are the M90's generally worth and do people want them?

-Slippy