Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which exhaust. Please help.

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
Hi i am buying my dad an exhaust for his vy ss commodore x chaser, i have no idea which brand of exhaust to get. i asked a bloke about xforce but he said there rubbish?

I want to get him the full system, cat back, converter, and extractors.

Which do you recommend i get to make it sound real nice.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I reckon any Redback dual 2.5 or at worst 3" is perfect for SS's. A single 2.5" is too restrictive and drops the power output. Dual 2.5 is definatly the best, but will cost more.

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
If he plans on camming it of going FI then go Twin 3" Di Filippo stainless system with 3" cats and 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" extractors. Will set you back about 3k but is the best imo.

If he is going to just do bolt ons (intake, exhaust, tune) then go Twin 2.5" Di Filippo system with 2.5" cats and 1 3/4" extractors.

Other brands i would recommend:
Pacemaker is good for extractors
Magnaflow is good for cats
Redback is supposed to be good for cat back system

If you have the $$$ go with Di Filippo :thumbsup:

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
I reckon any Redback dual 2.5 or at worst 3" is perfect for SS's. A single 2.5" is too restrictive and drops the power output. Dual 2.5 is definatly the best, but will cost more.

lol. ive seen many redbacks rust out at the mufflers.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Let me first say, with anything in life people have their opinion, this is mine.

I have regrinded/rewelded HSV VY II extractors, 100cpi Ballistic cats, 3.5" Sureflo medium exhaust on a VY II SS and it sounds tough. Not too loud, quiet when cruising, but hear it a Suburb away when you step on it.

You can get it from Sureflo in Sydney.

The 3.5" are one of the toughest sounds on the LS1 engines, as you can read the 80+ page thread on it on LS1 forums.
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=27448

If you just want to get the 3.5" catback it will cost about $800 ish and comes in quiet, medium, medium/loud, loud and Extra loud.

The 100cpi ballistic racing cats are around $600 fitted, and gave the system a angry note, more power and better fuel consumption.

I am near the northmead in Sydney if you want to come and listen.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
If he plans on camming it of going FI then go Twin 3" Di Filippo stainless system with 3" cats and 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" extractors. Will set you back about 3k but is the best imo.

If he is going to just do bolt ons (intake, exhaust, tune) then go Twin 2.5" Di Filippo system with 2.5" cats and 1 3/4" extractors.

Other brands i would recommend:
Pacemaker is good for extractors
Magnaflow is good for cats
Redback is supposed to be good for cat back system

If you have the $$$ go with Di Filippo :thumbsup:

cant go wrong with this advice. agree 100%. its been tested and proven thousands of times.