Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHich exhaust, Redback or Lukey?

V

vrBLKWAG

Hey guys, I'm new to this site and I was wondering u guys could give me some advice on installing either a redback or lukey system? no extractors just the system on a 1993 VR wagon.

Cheers

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Either one man, its basically all the same crap but with a different name.

V

vrBLKWAG

Yeh true. I'm not really that fussed just wanted to see what other people thought

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
I have a 2 1/2" redback Cat back system on my VS V6 Statesman and am very pleased with it. Bolt straight on.

As mentioned thou, the name is really the only difference. all does the same job.

Either way, there both reputable names.

cheers

I

IBBO

i have a lukey 2 1/2 incher. its a pipe, i doubt they'd be any different so either

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I hate to give you bloke a history lesson but back in the 50's and 60's the top muffler for our FJ's were Lukey straight thru mufflers. They gave the most power and noise plus they carried the name of a bloke who used to do some fancy driving in trials and at the speedway.

statesman_vs_s1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman Series 1 V6
No history lesson there for me. I have owned 4 mini's and they are all renowned for having lukey peformance mufflers.

However, technology has come along way in the past 50 years and mufflers are getting better in quality and also better in ability in being high flow with less noise.

R

ronette

I have a '93 Berlina wagon and that has a 2 1/2 Lukey from cat back with a Lukey Resonator in the middle and no muffler at the rear. Sounds deep and throaty not tinny as other exhausts on the 3.8 motor.
Careful the bigger pipe may rattle on the fuel tank just behind the diff but a bit of radiator hose stops the banging (know of 1 other wagon with that problem) or go get the pipe work relined and bent correctly