Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which injector prematurely failed on your V8 VF ?

Which injector prematurely failed on your V8 VF ?

• Total voters

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Has anyone here had an injector replaced under warranty but the car was modified? Eg cam exhaust tune intake.

ton

Reaction score
I had number 2 fail in 2017 club sport. All replaced under warranty

Craft1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF commodore SS ute
Has anyone here had an injector replaced under warranty but the car was modified? Eg cam exhaust tune intake.
Mine were done under warranty and I have full exhaust and otr plus tune

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

As long as the tune and power output falls within the operating parameters of the injectors you shouldn't have any problems.

I had a fuel pump failure on a tuned VE with full exhaust and cold air intake and the dealer replaced it no questions asked.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The problem with the injectors is not related to tune, exhaust, induction or fuel pump. It’s due to some internal injector manufacturing fault which is why all are being replaced if the vehicle flags specific DTC’s.

Going forward with the new Holden parts/service/support organisation, whoever they are, will be interesting as policy would likely be rather different as they take a harder line on such things.

End result of the Holden pullout is I feel somewhat cheated as this has been in the works for some time and it’s not a sudden decision as portrayed in the media. I’m certain the new organisation wouldn’t be as good as the old.... which was crap... so the remainder of my 7 year warranty may not be worth the paper it’s printed on. Hope I’m wrong...

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
What sort of kms do these tend to fail at? Mine has only 8000km on the clock and I'm worried that by the time they fail (if they do) it may be too late to claim a free replacement...

jono67

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 S1 Calais V Sportwagon V6
What sort of kms do these tend to fail at? Mine has only 8000km on the clock and I'm worried that by the time they fail (if they do) it may be too late to claim a free replacement...
Mate it varies, my first injector went at 44 823km. Yes, I've been thinking about any additional cars from here on in who have yet to experience injector failures. What will happen once Holden is gone:(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
What will happen once Holden is gone

They claim to be providing warranty & parts support for 10 years.

Time will tell whether they keep that commitment and what models it will apply to.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Yes time will tell... it always does :p

But i've always felt that this known defect within the injectors, a defect in waiting, should have been handled via a recall and thus resolved in an orderly way. As is, now it's just another concern about the quality of the VF's that may not get addressed post withdrawal.