Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which injector prematurely failed on your V8 VF ?

Which injector prematurely failed on your V8 VF ?

• Total voters

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Dealership called to say it wasn't covered and would be $1550 for all 8. I called Customer care and got the lot done which is a good result.

Shame the dealer was lazy and wouldn't initially make a claim without Holden having to call them to ask for one to be submitted.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Dealership called to say it wasn't covered and would be $1550 for all 8. I called Customer care and got the lot done which is a good result.

Shame the dealer was lazy and wouldn't initially make a claim without Holden having to call them to ask for one to be submitted.
There's been instances of such poor behavior from dealers in the past and it's indicative of the low business morrals that some dealers have.

Lets just hope that such behaviour doesn't become more common as dealers try to screw their customers while trying to recoupe thier losses from Holden pulling out of the market :oops: Sadly i think the loss of business morals will get worse, unless GM properly funds their 10 year commitments (and don't do a James Hardy o_O )

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What sort of kms do these tend to fail at? Mine has only 8000km on the clock and I'm worried that by the time they fail (if they do) it may be too late to claim a free replacement...

Mine went with about 37k on the clock. No warning. Just started up running rough.

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
I have a 2016 VF SSV(2) with 35,000k on the clock, no problems so far with the injectors. From what I have read so far on this
site, it seems that it is only a matter of time before I do experience the problem.
Can someone tell me if the problem is caused by faulty injectors Holden put in the vehicle, or is there an engineering problem in the manufacture of our cars. If the injectors were faulty, replacing them with good injectors should be the end of the problem. Alternatively,
if it is an engineering problem with the engine it would mean that replacing the injectors would be an on going thing. Is this correct?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
It’s supposedly due to a faulty batch which Holden/GM can’t localise it to specific build range. As such they just wait until you have issues and then change the lot... hopefully that’s still the case some years down the track as it won’t be nice if they just walk away or play hardball with owners suffering these issues because they can :eek:

Merv53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV
It’s supposedly due to a faulty batch which Holden/GM can’t localise it to specific build range. As such they just wait until you have issues and then change the lot... hopefully that’s still the case some years down the track as it won’t be nice if they just walk away or play hardball with owners suffering these issues because they can :eek:
Thanks Skylarking. So from what you say, it seems then that not all VF owners will be affected, its luck of the draw

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Skylarking. So from what you say, it seems then that not all VF owners will be affected, its luck of the draw
To be truthful, only GM engine plant and Holden would know the truth :oops: and they aren’t saying anything o_O but it does seem to be a LS3 issue :mad:

As is, the thread survey asking which injector has failed seems flawed since it doesn’t look like an individual injector issue but a large faulty batch used in a specific build range (not ment as a criticism of OP’s thread). It would have been much more interesting if people quoted their engine numbers. This would especially be relevant if the engine number was related to build dated and the injectors were installed in some controlled sequence (first in first out). But that’s all manufacturing QC & QA practice which requires traceability so either GM has no clue and has **** QC & QA practices or they just don’t want to say. I suspect it’s the later rather than the former :oops:

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Started car last night to head home and she was a little rough. I thought that perhaps it’s cold and will settle down.
MY17 Redline Sportwagon. Noticed that shift from 2nd to 1st was rough, motor seemed lumpy and torque was way down.
We have a W407 kit fitted so lumpy idle isn’t unusual.

Managed to be able to limp car home and had RACV out to scan it.

I have P0102 (MAF airflow sensor low A) and P0208 (Cylinder 8 injector circuit).
I suspect that it is an injector that has gone. Car was rough under load and shuddered under load.
No check engine light was illuminated which I thought was odd.

Will have to call workshop on Monday and get it towed so they can diagnose properly.

We’re these the symptoms others experienced when they lost an injector?
No torque, rough idle and increase fuel use?