Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which is best? Stock FE2 or Pedders suspension

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hi Guys,
I am planing to buy a used omega and seen a couple of them yesterday, with some diff specs

White: FE2 suspension, 18"SS wheels, bridgestone tyres (60-70% thread left), spoiler, clean and nice, got a new log book and services marked on that(a fleet car that lost the original log book), 101000km on odo, missed the 90000km service, now its due. drives really well on the city. asking $15500 withiout rwc, $500 extra for rwc, 6 months rego left, dealer warranty left for 1 year., but i think it not valid anymore as he missed the service

Red Hot: Pedders suspension, 18"SS wheels, some unknown brand(90% thread left), clean and nice, full service book from starting, 107000km on odo,missed the 90000km service, but it done on 105000km, driven in a country side(bendigo), seems bit rough and no that smooth while driving, may be because of the road condition, $15000 without rwc, $500 extra for rwc, 9 months rego left

Guy which one I should go for?? any advice or opinions, I need to take a decision fast. will uploading the pictures here

thanks red1.jpgwhite1.jpgwhite3.jpgred2.jpgred3.jpgwhite2.jpg

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm assuming you are asking whether the different suspension settings makes any real difference between these two cars? In the long term, it might.

The thing to remember about the stock factory components such as springs and shocks is that they are manufactured to a price and the quality of the spring steels and shock absorbers used is no exception, regardless of the suspension tune. FE2 is simply the sports suspension using stiffer spec standard quality springs and shocks and it's likely that Pedder's springs, which I think are made by Hendersons, are made of a better quality spring steel. Therefore, you would expect the Pedder's springs to hold their tension and performance long after the standard springs had started to lose theirs.

So far as the two cars here are concerned, you shouldn't worry about the suspension components so much as their overall condition and performance. The rougher ride experienced in the Redhot example might be indicative of firmer springs than the standard FE2 in the other car.

It's your choice. Either seems like a good deal.

Personally, I think white VE's look non-descript but neat while Redhot ones are too common.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hi all,

Bought one omega today, red one with 18" black alloys, spoiler, 110000km on odo, 12 months rego for 13k without rwc, Now need to get a RWC, then my first priority is lowering, any advices on this, i live in melbourne.
red03.jpgred01.jpgred02.jpg

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
I'm assuming you are asking whether the different suspension settings makes any real difference between these two cars? In the long term, it might.

The thing to remember about the stock factory components such as springs and shocks is that they are manufactured to a price and the quality of the spring steels and shock absorbers used is no exception, regardless of the suspension tune. FE2 is simply the sports suspension using stiffer spec standard quality springs and shocks and it's likely that Pedder's springs, which I think are made by Hendersons, are made of a better quality spring steel. Therefore, you would expect the Pedder's springs to hold their tension and performance long after the standard springs had started to lose theirs.

So far as the two cars here are concerned, you shouldn't worry about the suspension components so much as their overall condition and performance. The rougher ride experienced in the Redhot example might be indicative of firmer springs than the standard FE2 in the other car.

It's your choice. Either seems like a good deal.

Personally, I think white VE's look non-descript but neat while Redhot ones are too common.

all pedders coils are made by pedders at there head office in keysborough in victoria, with exception of the rear vq-vz irs coils which are made by teneco in NZ the same place which makes them for holden.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
Hi,
I have got this
FRONT AND REAR FE2 SPRINGS OFF from a 09 VE SEDAN LIKE NEW ONLY TRAVELED 50KM,
Its pretty cheap
Just wondering do I need anything extra for lowering it apart from the springs??
Any places recommended in victoria

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
FE2 height should be okay with just springs, any lower and shocks would need some attention too.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
How about the ride performance I will get, now its like a boat in a ocean, while driving with the 18" alloys without lowered. :)
Does it will be smooth, what things I need to look if I am buying this spring?? How I can know its good or bad
thanks for all of your support

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Depends. VE springs should be OK, since they are relatively new, as springs get older they sag, then your car will need repainted door-handles every time you take a corner.

heloanand

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
I have heard that people are talking about changing the shock with the springs, what the use of it, is it necessary??