Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which is betteR?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
yeh well jaycar arnt exactly that expensive, so i was just wondering because the 6" pioneer's would fit in a lot easier to the doors than the 6.5" jaycar splits.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
yeh well jaycar arnt exactly that expensive, so i was just wondering because the 6" pioneer's would fit in a lot easier to the doors than the 6.5" jaycar splits.

Nah same size buddy. 6.5" just means they are including the speaker covers/grills in the measurements.

The actual speaker and cone diameters are the same. Different manufacturers include the outside and speaker covers, whilst others dont.

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Oh ok thanks ur a champ i have been wondering that for ages. Sweet that means i can buy the Jaycar ones, i thought i would have to do alot more modification to fit the jaycars.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Nah same size buddy. 6.5" just means they are including the speaker covers/grills in the measurements.

The actual speaker and cone diameters are the same. Different manufacturers include the outside and speaker covers, whilst others dont.

there is a difference between 6 and 6.5 inch when it comes to precision response speakers

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
yep, you will have to make a few changes to get some 6.5" splits into your doors, including the jaycars. For the trouble its worth to fit though, id get teh jaycars, cheaper too

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
yep, you will have to make a few changes to get some 6.5" splits into your doors, including the jaycars. For the trouble its worth to fit though, id get teh jaycars, cheaper too

You sure? With most brands the cone size is the same between the speakers, whether they are 6" or 6.5"?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
i think he is talking about magnet depth.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
yes, im sure. My pioneers had a noticalbe difference in cone size to the stocky 6", although i didnt really ahve any real issues with magnet dpeth