Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which model is far superior

• VL

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • VN

Votes: 32 20.5%
  • VP

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • VZ

Votes: 71 45.5%

• Total voters

GLD-086

Reaction score
1991_Vn2nV said:
lol you're just jealous cause you only drive an SV6...dont you think its time to upgrade to a VN?

Real men drive VN's....None of this little 3.6litre ****

p.s. why is there now a 5th thing in the poll? With one vote?

So real men drive land barges with V6s, from the days of when alot of our grandparents were still young?:p

lol sorry, I'm just kidding, although I dont like VNs much at all.

To much like a boat for my liking.

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Funny u say it looks like a boat...For some reason my friends say my car sounds like a boat? I have no idea why.

Lol its cool that u dont like VN's. Everyone has their own opinion and I just think everyone should be respected for that opinion. A VZ is always gonna be superior because its newer. Simple. But some ppl like yourself love VL's, I love my VN and so on.

Im sick of people telling me im wasting my money spending it on a VN. Especially car lovers. Car lovers should know that its a PASSION...everyone has a passion and our passion happens to be cars.
I personally love the look of VN's and it has everything I need...power windows, electric mirros etc. roomy and comfy interior and the engine is more than i need as a base for modification.
If its what makes me happy then I think thats justifiable. Some people just dont understand.

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
1991_Vn2nV said:
Funny u say it sounds like a boat...For some reason my friends say my car sounds like a boat? I have no idea why.

Lol its cool that u dont like VN's. Everyone has their own opinion and I just think everyone should be respected for that opinion. A VZ is always gonna be superior because its newer. Simple. But some ppl like yourself love VL's, I love my VN and so on.

Im sick of people telling me im wasting my money spending it on a VN. Especially car lovers. Car lovers should know that its a PASSION...everyone has a passion and our passion happens to be cars.
I personally love the look of VN's and it has everything I need...power windows, electric mirros etc. roomy and comfy interior and the engine is more than i need as a base for modification.
If its what makes me happy then I think thats justifiable. Some people just dont understand.

damn straight.
its the exact same reason why people like to work on their 60s model cars. who cares about the age

GLD-086

Reaction score
1991_Vn2nV said:
Funny u say it looks like a boat...For some reason my friends say my car sounds like a boat? I have no idea why.

Yeah mate, sorry if that came across a bit harsh, I just don't see anything in VNs I can say I really like, sorry.

highendrev said:
Sean your a farkn idiot. The VL aint superior mate. It was good in its day and i respect the power to weight of the vl and the rb30 but come on, the technology isnt there. "The VL is so much more liked and superior" WTF is that referring to? Compared to an XD? :)

The technology aint there? wtf?

Sorry, but from a technology point of view the VL crapped on all other Commodores and Holdens before it. I mean up until the Alloytec, it was the only motor that used OHC, all others were old pushrods, as far as 6s go anyway.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOHC is not really considered technologically advanced....It doesnt make use of the limitations that pushrod engines suffer and the VL |6 doesnt make use of the advantages of OHC either.....It is still only 2 valves per cylinder...which the Buick V6 is as well...And it doesnt have Variable Valve Timing....And it doesnt really have the ability to rev harder than the Buick either...

DOHC like in the quad cam Alloytec is generally a different story.

Also does the RB30 have cross-flow cylinder heads like the Buick V6 or not?

Plus pushrod may be 'old' but so is SOHC...considering both have been around for over a century.

lol N my comment wasnt because of what you said...What you said was fine man, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It was just a statement i was making in regards to this thread/poll in general.

Last edited:

GLD-086

Reaction score
1991_Vn2nV said:
SOHC is not really considered technologically advanced....It doesnt make use of the limitations that pushrod engines suffer and the VL |6 doesnt make use of the advantages of OHC either.....It is still only 2 valves per cylinder...which the Buick V6 is as well...And it doesnt have Variable Valve Timing....And it doesnt really have the ability to rev harder than the Buick either...

DOHC like in the quad cam Alloytec is generally a different story.

Also does the RB30 have cross-flow cylinder heads like the Buick V6 or not?

Plus pushrod may be 'old' but so is SOHC...considering both have been around for over a century.

lol N my comment wasnt because of what you said...What you said was fine man, everyone is entitled to their opinion. It was just a statement i was making in regards to this thread/poll in general.

Nah it's cool mate.

I think back in 1986, the RB30 was definately ahead of it's time and was a fresh start from the old 202, that had virtually been used since the late 40s in the FX.

Just saying compared to all the motors Holden used before the RB30. When the RB30 came along, it was a leap into a new era for Holden.

I like to consider VLs, as the bridge model, that linked Holden from days gone by to the era of EFI,Turbos,ECUs etc. (From a Holden perspective)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thats true....From the old 202 in the VK its miles ahead. The RB30 is definitely a great engine, espeicially in terms of reliability! & theres not much that can beat a done up VL in terms of looks either. Easily some of the best looking cars i have seen on the road are done up VL's

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
VL Berlina 5speed said:

doing this to show fellow sa members that the vl is so much more liked and superior

hahaha, good work champ, don't u hate it when things backfire on u.... wait a sec you'd be used to backfiring, u own a VL :rofl: