Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

which oil

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I used to sell and recommend penrite still use their mineral oils where needed and they are as good as any mineral oil out there! modified production cars out here get the hpr 50 40w/70 it holds up good I've done the rounds with the synthetics and most top shelf stuff is good now days but I'm sold on this stuff it's better than royal purple even it just lasts longer
Dude piss off that's ridiculous. 40w/70 lololol mate if your not TLH I'm stumped.

like I said the OP needs to consult penrite techincle to see which grade of ten thenths they need to use.

At work we use another brand but them and the other main stream one seem to lack a high nickle race oil.This is why I recomend penrite because the actually cater to the OP's needs.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Original Poster ... please refer to my initial response to you, where I suggested you'd opened a can of worms akin to a religious argument ...

:D

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Yup it's a tin of worms alright big inexperienced and uneducated and that's right hpr 50 in a methanol burning atmo l36 one of Australia's fastest around the dirt circle even a customers bone stock flogged out bn l 27 struggling with oil pressure due to crank wear benefits from the hpr 50 if it ran the 20w50 it has around 30 psi hot goin to hpr 50 its a stable 50 psi in

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Gotta love a good can of worms!!
As they say: opinions are like a***holes - everybody's got one and some people just have to show them off!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
As they say: opinions are like a***holes - everybody's got one and some people just have to show them off!!
Oh yeah?
Well here's a photo of mine!!

*photo deleted by mods in the interest of public safety*

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Hey guys, can anybody tell me which oil I should be using in my W557 package on my gts.
I've heard that mobil one and the likes don't cut it any more due to the mods.
I can't seem to find a consensus on which is the best...tried and proven.

Cheers
Hi Jase ,
I have pretty much the same car well engine anyway LSA HSV Maloo with the W557 kit , I am due an oil change also for its 20k service
I just called Walkinshaw in Melbourne they said go with what Holden HSV recommend which is Mobil 1 5W -30
So Im going with what they recommend not what the keyboard experts suggest .

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
excuse the typo that is meant to say Mobil 1

5W-30