Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which parts are interchangeble with a vs

wokko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Which models are interchangeble with my 1998 vs ute?
I brought this ue a couple of months ago, for a project, as vs commodores are hard to find around here, well should say commodores in general are getting hard to find.
I have to resort to buying somethings new
I would like to know which interior/exterior parts will fit my ute, like if vr or vt have the same parts?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
When you say which models, what parts of the car are you referring to ? I gather yours is a Ecotec ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plenty of VS parts if you know where to look. VR is starting to get hard to find decent parts but not VS. Wrecker nearby 30 mins from Town has 10 or more and two VS utes. Wrecker up the coast has probably 10-15 VS utes but he is pricey and he is over 2hrs from Town but he will freight.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Which models are interchangeble with my 1998 vs ute?
I brought this ue a couple of months ago, for a project, as vs commodores are hard to find around here, well should say commodores in general are getting hard to find.
I have to resort to buying somethings new
I would like to know which interior/exterior parts will fit my ute, like if vr or vt have the same parts?
Body is pretty much the same VR-VS. Engine and PCM will be different. A few odd items like steering wheel are different. Colour of interior trim is likely to be different if you are obsessive about matching stuff.

wokko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Cheers guys, I'm basically looking for trim parts like outer door trims (the one that goes around the roof part of the cab) and the one above the door handle, and a few bits an pieces inside the ute also but the wreckers around here only stock the later models 2004 onwards, I even had to resort to buying bmw wheeels for the ute :)
So I'm probably trying to ask if vr or vt body trims (sedan or ute) are the same?
and yes mine has the ecotek motor

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What wreckers are you trying? Exeter has two utes. The alloy trim on a wagon is the same as ute. Very little from a VT wil fit.

wokko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
What wreckers are you trying? Exeter has two utes. The alloy trim on a wagon is the same as ute. Very little from a VT wil fit.
Cheers mate, yeah don't go to Exeter wreckers anymore don't like the way you have to pay before you even take the part off and if the part is no good you lose your cash :( but if it comes to it I'll go and have a look down there.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah annoys me too that pay before you pull. I still use him the most as he is still cheaper than Leigh Flattery and has more VR and VS stock than Leigh too. Leigh and Exeter are the only ones who have VS parts. Unless you travel west.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You can be sneaky at Exeter. What I occasionally do is pay for one part and then rock up at the office a while later with another 6 parts to pay for. They have had staff there in the past who are more lax, but lately they have been sticklers for the boss' rules.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
You just got to wonder how some people actually run a business successfully. But I guess in Tassie you can be a prick as there's not much competition.