Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which power steering pump for VH V8?

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I have a VH SL/E with a 2.85 which is intended for an engine swap to a blue 308. The car currently has power steering, but the 6-cyl pump is on the left, 8-cyl pump is on the right.

Any idea what range of pumps can be used for this? Is there anything else I'd need to swap (for the P/S, I have most of the other things; diff, springs, tailshaft, trimatic etc).

From what I've read so far, the 6-cyl pump won't do, the VN-VS V8 pump... might? The VK V8 pump was allegedly different, but I don't know by how much....Would a VN-VS pump and the correct bracket work?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep p/steer for early commo's on passenger side then efi cars got it driver's side,several differences between the two setups.

If you're in Sydney got vh p/steer setup off my car for sale...pump,lines,brackets,pulleys etc.Also have vs v8 setup but you'd need vn-s v8 crossmember

You could fit vn-s p/s pump to blue 308 but need custom lines if still got early rack & crossmember.Best to just go complete set up of vb-vh or vn-s than to mix & match

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
Thanks for the info. I'm in Perth unfortunately.