Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which rotors???

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
Ok I've been having problems with my brakes for sometime now with shudders and squealing brakes. I have tried all different types of pads an had the rotors machined. I thinking of upgrading the rotors to a slotted or cross drilled. Which am I better off going with ??? Any help would be awesome

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go slotted, drilled tend to crack.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
hey man i had the same trouble so i got some DBA slotted and crossed drilled rotors with bendix heavy duty break pads... well worth the money i reckon and you can easily feel the difference in the brakes.
heres the website if you wanna take a look and i got the gold street series... they look pretty sweet on the car as well
www.dba.com.au

Fletch_QLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Any new rotors will be an improvement, even plain (ie no drills,slots,dimples etc). Machining rotors is a waste of time imho. Standard rotors, are fine for everyday driving - but don't skimp on the pads (bendix ultimate rock my world).

Another thing - Ever since my VS (4 cars ago) I don't trust anyone with a rattle gun to tighten my wheels nuts. Ensure correct tightening procedure on your wheel nuts to prevent rotor warp / brake shudder.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah get the right pads... i dunno what the dude i bought the car off was using but they shredded the rotors nice and quick

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
The ultimates are OK, but in the good version (DB1344 Police Spec) are hideously expensive!!! QFM HPX is a Bendix Ultimate equivalent performance wise, but with less dust and rotor wear, and $79 per set front or rear, and come standard as the police spec DB1344 version, not DB1331.