Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which setup?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Hey guys...

Which one of these would you reccommend? Both are Jaycar systems, and I would get a better deal than the RRP (Shown here). Which would be beter all round?

SYSTEM ONE

One 10" Sub (250w RMS), running of 200w of power, a pair of tweeters, 4 * 6.5" woofers (80w RMS - one in each front door, and 2 in the parcel shelf - running of HU ~ 50w RMS) - $556.70

SYSTEM TWO

2 * 6.5" woofers (80w RMS - one in each door), a pair of tweeters, and a pair of 6by9s (80w RMS) powered by a 2*80w RMS amp - $436.3

Thanks a lot guys! :D :D :D

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
System one but instead of using the woofer in the rear parcel shelf, I would drop a pair of Response two ways. Save a bit of money as well I think, plus, give you full range in the rear.

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
So two two ways will be cheaper than th one sub? I'll check it out now... Ok, two 2 ways (6") would be cheaper - so would I still keep the normal 6.6" woofers, and have 4 speakers in the back? seems like overkill, but you know best! Lol, thanks for the help

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
no no, thats noy what I meant! lol

instead of the two 6.5" woofers jsut have the pair of two ways! lol Keep the sub! it's vital!

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Oh, that sounds better! Lol! I'll have a look into that, It'll probably be a christmas holidays job, I'll keep you posted on how I go. Thanks for the help mate!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
phew! that was a close one!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh im waiting for my bills for this week to clear out, ive gotten a head unit and 3ways for the rear which im very happy with, next step is some quality 6" splits for my front doors then it'll be time to get some bass with the sub.

btw, 12v, my HU had the normal plug->wires for the four speakers and also 2x RCA outs [L and R] is it possiable ot run an amp and sub off this without it killing the main speakers [i.e. if i were to run the rcas down to an amp, would that over-ride the speakers?] is there an alteritive / better way to fit a sub to my system or would i be better saving for a head unit that has the proper sub out?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
nah mate, you plug a sub into those rca's and your speakers will keep pumping along nicely. No fear there. Just remember to cross it over at the amp, you don't want the sub getting full range.