Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which shocks should I get for my VF Redline?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The time has come to replace the struts in my MY14 Redline. The suspension has settled quite a lot since new. I don't mind that. But, the rear has a lot of body roll these days. It still handles well. But the rear rolls around, and lurches to the outside when pushed, even a little. It's nothing like it was when new and is like driving a boat compared to my Motorsport, even when in touring mode.
I haven't had it looked at by a suspension shop. I discussed it with Pedders and of course they just suggested their springs and shocks (whatever they are?). I'd rather get better gear though. My theory is it's the shocks though. I'd rather leave the stock FE3 springs. But, if those with experience suggest I should replace those too, then so be it.
I want the ride and handling and ride height to be as close as possible to stock.
I definately do not want to go down the coil over route.
So, VF suspension gurus what should I replace them with? What have others used and how do they compare to stock FE3?
Brand, model and approximate cost would be much appreciated if know too.
Thanks in advance all.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If I was you I would keep stock springs and put new KYB shocks. Reasonably priced and good quality.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why not replace with OEM struts/shocks which will give you the ride and handling characteristics you desire ?

Happydaze

Happydaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE T30
MCA coilovers

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Why not replace with OEM struts/shocks which will give you the ride and handling characteristics you desire ?
It's a good suggestion.. TBH I thought they'd be too exe and I'd get better quality after market for my money. I'll price them up today though.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's a good suggestion.. TBH I thought they'd be too exe and I'd get better quality after market for my money. I'll price them up today though.

You might be surprised.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Years ago I bought FE2 shocks and struts pull offs basically brand-new of eBay for $50 delivered. Lots of people remove std stuff for aftermarket so you might get a bargain.

I agree if you like the handling etc before just go same gear.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I’m happy with my Monroe shocks.