Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which shocks should I get for my VF Redline?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I'm a mechanic by trade. If you want a bilstien to work properly you need to have it valved for the spring. It doubles the price though. Eibachs and matched rate B8s is the best but will cost you.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
That's a really interesting point. Thanks for considering this. I will take your advice and consult Koni. I can always add the King springs later, or alternatively remove them and reinstall the OEM FE3 springs. I'll take Koni's advice on which way to go.
Cheers hey!
PS yhe Koni FSD's aren't adjustable.

Fitted yet? Thoughts on ride?

I did these on a VE yrs ago on SSl kings and hated it went back to Monroe gt, maybe the SSL was to low. Very harsh ride.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Fitted yet? Thoughts on ride?

I did these on a VE yrs ago on SSl kings and hated it went back to Monroe gt, maybe the SSL was to low. Very harsh ride.

Nah, it's booked in for Tues morning. I was waiting on SL springs and brake pads. That and my suspension bloke is putting a crop in. So he suggested Tues, so as not to stuff me around.
He's done all my suspension work since I was 17y.o. I trust him and am happy to wait the few extra days. I'm thinking of holding back on the SL's as I said above.
So, I'll report on the ride with just the Koni FSD's and stock FE3 springs next week. I'll stick with that if happy. Otherwise I'll take it back and have him throw the SL's in.

Can anyone advise on nolathene strut mounts vs rubber? I'm leaning towards stock rubber mounts.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can anyone advise on nolathene strut mounts vs rubber? I'm leaning towards stock rubber mounts.

Nolathane will be harsher than rubber.

Super Pro would be a compromise between the two.

When I have to replace any bushes in my FE3 with 20s, I'll be sticking with rubber after having Super Pro in the old VS.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

When I have to replace any bushes in my FE3 with 20s, I'll be sticking with rubber after having Super Pro in the old VS.
Cheers. Yeah, rubber it is.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
If installing Koni rear shocks just check the lower spring mount measurement to the original.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nolathane tops go well with soft standard springs and tyres. Most people who fit them with lowered springs and low profile tyres complain the ride is too stiff.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

Agreed.

I have Nolathane on a couple of cars and they are harsh.

It's stiffens them up which is good but I wouldn't recommend you do it to your daily unless you're like me and only drive when you need to visit the council library.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Nah, it's booked in for Tues morning. So he suggested Tues, so as not to stuff me around.
He's done all my suspension work since I was 17y.o. I trust him and am happy to wait the few extra days.
Any updates