Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which shocks should I get for my VF Redline?

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
@426Cuda keen to know roughly a month later, how're you finding the konis and spring combo. My redline is up around 130k and looking to be lowered shorty, if the reviews looking positive ill be looking to take advantage of the deal before end of the month

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
@426Cuda keen to know roughly a month later, how're you finding the konis and spring combo. My redline is up around 130k and looking to be lowered shorty, if the reviews looking positive ill be looking to take advantage of the deal before end of the month
I like the shocks. They give a nice compliant ride and handle well. But I'm going to refit my factory rear springs. The Kings are too low in the rear and the feel softer than the FE3's.

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
I like the shocks. They give a nice compliant ride and handle well. But I'm going to refit my factory rear springs. The Kings are too low in the rear and the feel softer than the FE3's.
Hmm disappointing, wonder if it's a combination of fsd shocks and those springs causing a soft ride. Ride height wouldn't be an issue for me but I'll have a look into it, cheers!

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm disappointing, wonder if it's a combination of fsd shocks and those springs causing a soft ride. Ride height wouldn't be an issue for me but I'll have a look into it, cheers!
I don't mind the compliant ride. I was hoping for that. It handles beautifully and there is far less body roll than with the stock Monroe's, which were knackered. I rate the FSD's highly. It's more the rear ride height I'm not happy with. I can't lower the front further, due to my driveway layback. So, I'll have to raise the rear. Only 10mm or so. The point I am making re softness is that I reckon the stock springs are firmer than the Kings. I could be wrong, but it's an easy job to swap them over and find out.

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
I don't mind the compliant ride. I was hoping for that. It handles beautifully and there is far less body roll than with the stock Monroe's, which were knackered. I rate the FSD's highly. It's more the rear ride height I'm not happy with. I can't lower the front further, due to my driveway layback. So, I'll have to raise the rear. Only 10mm or so. The point I am making re softness is that I reckon the stock springs are firmer than the Kings. I could be wrong, but it's an easy job to swap them over and find out.
Ah right, makes sense. Hard to find reviews from others running the konis in a VF so appreciate the insight

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah right, makes sense. Hard to find reviews from others running the konis in a VF so appreciate the insight
No worries at all. If you're chasing a very firm ride, the FSD's probably aren't for you. There are certainly firmer shocks available.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
just ordered a set of the FSD'S for my VF Calais V from holmart. i have the eibach pro kit springs in already so will be good to see what their like together. ordered a set of stock genuine strut mounts as well while i've got it apart. thought about the super pros but my suspension guy knows me well and said i would be happier with the standard ones. i do so few k's these days they will last me to the end of my driving days. will update once its all done.
cheers

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Cuda, C'mon man!
It's ShockWorks dude
FFS
Get with the program!

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
i have the eibach pro kit springs in already so will be good to see what their like together.
they used to do a kit with ebiach pros and fsds so i imagine they would be fine :)